16 and Scared - PMS or Pregnancy Signs. Someone help me?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I am 16 and having symptoms that are kind of like PMS but, my boyfriend and I have unprotected sex on the 8th and 11th of April. I am having: Nausea, lower back pain, cramping, gas, and bloating. Could someone give their opinion if this sounds like pregnancy?

I am on bc but, I had a UTI during the week we had sex and the antibiotics I had to take could have messed up my pills.

Please and thank you
Ally
May 12th, 2011, 08:50 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ally,

I am sure all of this is very scary for you. ((Hugs)) Have you taken a home pregnancy test yet?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 12th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Yes but, I think I took one too early.
I am trying as hard as I can to get another one. (Being 16 I have no car right now, so my friend has to take me) But, with 45 horses at home, school and everything getting in the way I haven't gotten one yet.

I will be asap though
May 13th, 2011, 01:59 AM
MiaVena's Avatar Proud Mommy
Hey!

Hun, when i first got pregnant i was 16 also and it was unplanned. Its natural to be scared, but when you actually are then you must discuss and take alot of time to think about what to do next so you wouldnt make decisions that could make you feel bad for a long time. Either way / abortion or keeping the baby, it will change your life. Just think about the pros and cons and think what would make you more happy.
Well thats when you Are pregnant, but to be honest then i doubt it. PMS and PR signs are about all the same. Dont bad thoughts now. Start thinking about your future when the doctor and the test says that you are pregnant first. If you are not then maybe next time try not to have unprotected sex to avoid that stress you are experiencing right now. Dont worry both ways you are welcome here and we support you
May 13th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey, First off i want to say if i said anything rude in aip broad i am sorry, no one want's to see a 16 yr old pregnant, and it's a lot on your plate if you are.. You are going to have to either say something to your parents (witch i know is really hard to do cause your probly scared of what they will say) but like i said before tell your mother not your father, or get a test. Cause if you are you need to be seen by a doctor..

May 14th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She said she was on birth control - but took antibiotics.
(((hugs)))) Really for now all you can do is wait. Take another test once you are sure your period is late - and then deal with it if you are pregnant. You will be ok no matter what. Your mom will still love you!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
May 14th, 2011, 08:00 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Her story from the AIP board isn't that she took antibiotics.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...e-help-me.html (16 and Scared - PMS or Pregnancy Signs. Someone help me?)

It is that she missed 2 days of pills because of showing (I'm guessing she means showing horses and didn't bring her pills).

I don't think she liked the advice she got on AIP which is why she is changing her story and posting here.

Girl, no one can tell you if you are pregnant. You need to take a test. You are getting to school, go to the school nurse and get a test if you have no friends who can drive you. I'm guessing the guy you are sleeping with has a car if he's able to get to you to have sex, so have him bring you to get a test.

May 15th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She isn't changeing her story.... she did say she was on them. page 2. she said

No, didn't end up getting a test. I came home early - kept throwing up in 1st, 2nd and third hour. It was horrible. So I just went home.

Yes, I had a UTI. I took the antibiotics and they did tell me that. Which is part of the reason I am so scared!

May 15th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Your school nurse will be able to help you get a test. It's confidential, s/he cannot tell your parents.

Get a test!
May 15th, 2011, 07:53 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea24 View Post
She isn't changeing her story.... she did say she was on them. page 2. she said

No, didn't end up getting a test. I came home early - kept throwing up in 1st, 2nd and third hour. It was horrible. So I just went home.

Yes, I had a UTI. I took the antibiotics and they did tell me that. Which is part of the reason I am so scared!

This was her first post on that thread:

Quote:
Then I got a very heavy bleeding like a period but, it was in the middle of the month and since I am on BC, it is always at the very last week of the month - but I also missed 2 days due to showing.
Which says she missed 2 pills due to showing- I didn't see the part later where she added that she also took abx in addition to skipping a few days of pills.

May 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
If you missed two pills it can make your period come early. Which could be the bleeding you described in your other post. Last year I messed up and forgot my pills when going out of town which resulted in me not taking the last two active pills in my pack. As a result, my period came two days earlier. If you want my honest opinion, I don't think you're pregnant. But what do I know? I do think you should use condoms as a back-up.
June 1st, 2011, 08:45 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
I hope she gets a test...I am thinking school is our for summer now huh?
I agree with poster above, if bf has a way to get to her to have sex with her, he should be able to bring her a test?

I dont mean to sound harsh here but someone that sounds this ill informed about such things as this, has NO business having sex with or without BC. Honey you need to get educated on what happens when sperm and egg meet and see how much it will change your parents life because it doesnt seem that you are responsible or educated enough to raise a baby. It is obvious that your parents would be the ones raising it.

Why in the world would you have unprotected sex anyway? If your BF cant bring you a pregnancy test, he probably also cant get to the dr for STD testing and you have NO idea what he could give you. Have you heard of AIDS and HIV?
I hope you get the good news that you arent pregnant and I hope going forward that you will be more responsible with your actions. If not just for the sake of the unplanned baby, for also for the sake of your health! High school boys are the worst for STD's! Dont put yourself in that position!

I think a support group should offer good advice to you and if you are in fact pregnant you can stiill get support here and we can all help you with good advice. But we can also give advice as I have above.
Good Luck with everything. And I hope to see you post about whatever happens.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 1st, 2011, 08:54 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
I don't know if you realize this either, but your symptoms could also be STD related.
You need to forget the home pregnancy test and have your mom take you to a dr for a full STD panel and pregnancy test. You should also get a more effective form of birth control.

I read the other post that was linked above. You have researched all this info and you "unplanned pregnancy"? I doubt that. It sounds to me like you are a "planning" a pregnancy and cant wait to know if it worked?

You could definitely have an STD. You need to get that checked out asap and stop having unprotected sex. You should probably stop having sex at all because you are not educated or mature enough to handle the outcome of a baby.
Please...

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 15th, 2011, 09:48 AM
RELAX. Stressing will NOT help. Your body will respond to the stress.
Wait until you can take a pregnancy test and find a clear result.
Take it one step at a time.
Use protection next time.
July 21st, 2011, 01:44 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Stop attacking her! This forum is for people to come here and get friendly advice i'm so sick of watching people get attacked and accused on here its disgusting if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say then don't post! It's one thing to have an opinion (when its needed) geez. I would also like to add and remind some of you its not your PLACE to tell a 16 yr old they shouldn't be pregnant i thought thats where the parents come in? Not you. rant over...

Last edited by .:Kati:.; July 21st, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search