what is your story?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Veteran
I'm 18 in June and my name is Mike in other words Micheal. I am currently single. I was planing on getting an abortion but decided out of it. I still am having trouble with parenting. I am recovering addict haven't been on any drug besides my meds for my health since february. I'm not yet 12 weeks pregnant. The baby is the product of rape. My life was never really ready for a child. I was a troubled teen drop out and jobless. But I have gotten my first job finally. So that's my story what about yours?

Last edited by ashtonsmomtobe; May 26th, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
May 26th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi!

Mine is not quite as rough as yours. My bf and I have been together for about 2.5 years. I had always been on bc (oral form) but had been really bad at taking my pills. I lost 50 pounds over 2010 and as a result when I missed my pill in fall of 10, we got a little surprise. It was very shocking for both of us. Neither of us were planning on having a baby anytime soon. We are both very committed to each other but the family part was always a future thought never a right now thought.

I mentioned abortion but he said no, and I really was on the fence for a long time. But its worked out well for us. We are happy and Baby S will be here in like 6 weeks (give or take).

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

May 26th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Undomesticated Housewife's Avatar Master(de)bater
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonsmomtobe View Post
I'm 18 in June and my name is Mike in other words Micheal. I am currently single. I was planing on getting an abortion but decided out of it. I still am having trouble with parenting. I am recovering addict haven't been on any drug besides my meds for my health since february. I'm not yet 12 weeks pregnant. The baby is the product of rape. My life was never really ready for a child. I was a troubled teen drop out and jobless. But I have gotten my first job finally. So that's my story what about yours?
You do know we can all see ALL of your posts on other parts of the board, as well? Even the post about how you and your BD were friends and intimate?
May 26th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Veteran
yea I was intimate with him we made out a few times. We were friends and dated before he sexually assaulted me. There is such a thing a date rape.

Last edited by ashtonsmomtobe; May 26th, 2011 at 08:24 AM.
May 26th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I still am having trouble with parenting. I am recovering addict haven't been on any drug besides my meds for my health since february. I'm not yet 12 weeks pregnant. The baby is the product of rape. My life was never really ready for a child. I was a troubled teen drop out and jobless. But I have gotten my first job finally.
In response to this, if you feel you aren't ready for parenting, you don't have to. There are a lot of families who are unable to have children who would LOVE a baby. This might be a good idea if you feel you aren't willing to have an abortion, and you're not ready to parent. Do whatever you think is best for yourself AND your child. If you decide to give the baby up for adoption, then you can continue to focus on getting your life in order before taking on the responsbility.

My story:
My boyfriend and I had talked about getting pregnant, and I wasn't on birth control for a long time. I started thinking that I couldn't get pregnant and the month I conceived, I was planning on getting back on my birth control as soon as I got my period... Which never came, and here I am today. My situation isn't horrible, but it's less than ideal. It will all work out in the end though.

Good luck with your decision. Feel free to PM me if you just want to talk. I've had to make the decision before this baby.
May 26th, 2011, 04:36 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
yea I was intimate with him we made out a few times. We were friends and dated before he sexually assaulted me. There is such a thing a date rape.
You need to file at least a restraining order on him now. It is not too late to have him arrested and file charges against him.

I suggest counseling right away. If you are pregnant as a result of Rape you have a lot going on, not only in your decision to keep the baby or adoption but for your own mental health as well.

Adoption is a very unselfish, loving choice to make. There are so many couples out there unable to have children.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

July 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM
My name is Gretchen and I'm 22 years old. I was in my third year of college when i found out i was pregnant with my son (aaron) right after my 21st birthday. I got pregnant (I am ashamed to say sometimes) after a month and a half. It was a COMPLETE shock and i thought my world had ended. I was quite a mess for the beginning of my pregnancy. Luckily, my boyfriend was very supportive and said he will do anything i needed and it will work out. Abortion was not an option for me. I am now going back to school in the fall and we all three live together, and I've been staying home with aaron. We are so in love with aaron now and we are SO glad he is here. We feel so lucky. I never ever thought i would say that. Everything really works out..maybe not the way you planned though =)
July 9th, 2011, 12:35 PM
star shaped's Avatar Regular
My name is Lana. I was 18 when I got pregnant, 19 when I had my son. My bf and I had been together for 2 years. We were in our first year of college when the baby was born. I didn't really want to have the baby, but I just felt it was what I had to do. I had never really done anything wrong and had a lot of trouble dealing with something so unplanned. My boyfriend and I are both still in school full-time. We both love our son very much and can't imagine life without him. It's still really hard sometimes. I don't have any down time, no time to relax, I'm tired most of the time too. We plan to get married after we graduate. We recently found out we're pregnant again. This baby is also unplanned. I just feel like I'll seem really stupid to all my friends and family, but we were being very careful. We've only had unprotected sex 1 time (except the times when I was already pregnant with my son) and that was the time I got pregnant. I don't know how it happened this time.
July 27th, 2011, 02:59 PM
mercedes1987's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mercedes1987
Mine started.. when I was 17 and I had a fiance already (too early i know) we carelessly didnt use birthcontrol and i became pregnant, and pressured to get married before the baby was born. we did. we eventually divorced, childrens aid got our children (by then we had 2) and as it stands I may never get custody of them again, however I have had 1 more unplanned pregnancy which a condom broke. the father and I are not on good terms anymore...as for my current pregnancy it was worse off because we have no financial support... or little. I'm suffering gallstones currently, and severe allergies we're not sure to what. I'm very sick as of late, and the pregnancy isnt helping. I'm 12 weeks.
I sometimes feel sad, blue, and off.
I wish I could feel happy.
Thats my story.
My two first children are looking at open adoption which breaks my heart but it's right for them.

BTDT MOMMY.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search