Crap.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2011, 06:37 PM
JadaJade's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to JadaJade
I"ve stopped over here from the nov. due date club. I'm 19 and this was unplanned. I'm stressing out about school, a job, a baby, all while managing an apartment and a car payment on...two halfway decent jobs. I have no clue how we're going to do it, honestly. I would hate to go on welfare, but honestly.. It's looking like the only option while we're going to college, we're so screwed.

Lil' Mister, Spencer James is due to arrive 11/1/11!
GO TEAM BLUE!!
June 14th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Veteran
hi i was just lurking and saw this. i was 19 when i unexpectedly became pregnant. it was/is hard financially and there should be no shame if u have to go on welfare especially if it will help u look after your child. sounds like you are trying your best to do it on your own i am now 21 with a 17month old and it has gotten easier as time has passed. congrats on your bub btw

June 15th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Look into welfare. It's not a shameful thing, at all. It exists to help people like you. Nothing is impossible and, my mom always said, "Where there is a will, there is a way." Babies are definitely expensive but you can apply for WIC and welfare and other government aids. Maybe you can find a cheaper apartment and have roommates or find somewhere you can live rent-free... with family? Rent is a big black hole for $. Just take it one day at a time.
June 17th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Veteran
oh and it doesnt last forever, this is mine and my partners last week on the benifit! so dont give up youl be fine!

July 26th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I'm sorry to mention it but there are options. You don't HAVE to have a baby. Please don't take this the wrong way at all, but it's just such a life changing step and one of the hardest things you will ever do. Good luck though!
July 28th, 2011, 09:00 PM
blessedmom080911's Avatar Excitedly Expecting #3!
I agree. Don't be ashamed to go on welfare. It isn't like you will be on it forever...it will help you get over this hump! WIC helped us with formula for our second DD, when she wouldn't breast feed and had horrible reflux! It was a life saver since I had just graduated college! When I had my first DD, I was 21, lived with my mom and if it weren't for her and welfare...we wouldn't be here today! It doesn't hurt to ask for help when you need it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search