Scared Of Pregnancy :(

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2011, 06:14 PM
My period is 2 days late and I have already had 4 positive pregnancy tests. I will be going to the doctors tomorrow to hopefully confirm with a blood test. I'm so scared. I am 21 and my boyfriend is in the Marines. Money and housing isn't a concern but i'm just so terrified. All my life I have had a horrible fear of pregnancy and i'm so scared of how my body is goung to change. Do you still feel like you? Are you able to breathe? Just...pregnancy has always looked very painful to me. I don't understand how you can still breathe and move and walk. I have this extreme fear of not being in control of things and an extreme fear of pain and unknown. I should be happy or at the very least not filled with terror. I have had tokophobia for as long as I can remember. I want to keep this pregnancy but i'm just so terrified and have no one to go to for advice. I live on my own and have no female friends or relatives with children that can ease my fears. I just feel so lost and scared.
June 19th, 2011, 08:17 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
It's completely normal to be scared.

I have a friend who has 3 children, all planned and long waited for and even she suffers from fear of pregnancy and the future.
It's the ultimate challenge and the biggest responsibility most of us will ever experience. However, all parents that I know say it's the most rewarding.

I have only known about my pregnancy for 2 weeks and my pregnancy was also unplanned. I think for me, the transition from shock and fear to anticipation and happiness was accepting that I was experiencing and miracle and about to step forth on to an amazing path.
I just think to the future and no matter how confronting or frightening it may seem, at the end of it, I am going to be handed a beautiful little life that I helped create, I carried and nutured that will love me unconditionally and depend apon me completely.

It if you feel that the stress from fear is somewhat controlling your life and feelings, speaking with some one you trust, either family, friend, or professional would be in your best interest. The fear of the unkown may be stemming from a lack of knowledge. If you speak with some one and read the right materials, you may become more relaxed in time.

But I will leave you with this..
We are women, we are built to do this, we are strong and we're blessed with bodies that can handle such incredible happenings and changings. We are designed to cope with this and we are built to carry children. It's absolutely natural and every women deserves to enjoy it

Consider joining a due date club - there is lot's of support there for you

Good luck!

Starting a clomid journey!
June 20th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm almost 30 weeks along in my first pregnancy. I'm married but this baby was very much unplanned and unexpected. I've had several complcations so far but it hasn't been horrible. It can hurt or be uncomfortable at times but over all it's not that bad. I breathe just fine.
Your body changes slowly thought pregnancy so it's not an all at once thing and most of the time a lot of things happen without your notice. Give yourself a few weeks to get used to the idea and you should be fine! Good luck!

June 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Keepin' it real!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsisMoon89 View Post
My period is 2 days late and I have already had 4 positive pregnancy tests. I will be going to the doctors tomorrow to hopefully confirm with a blood test. I'm so scared. I am 21 and my boyfriend is in the Marines. Money and housing isn't a concern but i'm just so terrified. All my life I have had a horrible fear of pregnancy and i'm so scared of how my body is goung to change. Do you still feel like you? Are you able to breathe? Just...pregnancy has always looked very painful to me. I don't understand how you can still breathe and move and walk. I have this extreme fear of not being in control of things and an extreme fear of pain and unknown. I should be happy or at the very least not filled with terror. I have had tokophobia for as long as I can remember. I want to keep this pregnancy but i'm just so terrified and have no one to go to for advice. I live on my own and have no female friends or relatives with children that can ease my fears. I just feel so lost and scared.
First, I am sorry you are faced with this.

Second, it might help to seek out help from your doctor and see if you can find a support group with other pregnant women who have fears similar to yours.

Third, it's completely normal to be scared of being pregnant and with the condition you have, I imagine it's amplified, so I sympathize with your situation. I planned my 1st child and was terrified of everything from morning sickness, to miscarriage to getting bigger to labor & delivery. Luckily, my daughter was born quickly and healthy and there are lots of options out there these days.

Remember: Your body will grow slowly, especially for a first time young mom. Second, you will have some control over your body: You can still eat healthy, you can still exercise (if OB clears you) and still live a pretty normal life. Even in the last part of pregnancy, as long as you have a normal pregnancy, you can do most things pretty normally. You'll be short of breath in the last several weeks, but you can still breathe. Your body is MADE for this and so your organs will move and adapt to your baby's growth. Labor and delivery IS painful, that's not a lie. BUT do not let other people's horror stories scare you. (I DID, until I realized that many people embellish to keep someone listening to them). Most labor and delivery is pretty normal. There are options so that you can manage any pain you have (epidural, narcotic medications, hypnobirthing, water, etc...) You don't have to go through a terrible experience. You can also take Lamaze or other classes to help prepare.

I'll tell you, this is my 6th pregnancy and 5th delivery is coming up soon (2 m/c's and one set of twins---#'s can be confusing if I don't explain this). I am a little more nervous this time, I don't know if it's because this baby isn't biologically mine; I don't know if it's because of the risks of having more than 3 pregnancies plus wanting to do a vaginal birth after c-section (VBAC); I don't know if it's because of a story I read of a surrogate dying in child birth. I couldn't tell you, but I am a bit more nervous....
SO, don't feel badly and try to get to know a few people from one of these groups so that you dont feel alone. It will work out and you will be great at being a pregnant lady (and then mom). Just tell yourself this EVERY DAY.

Remember you haven't done this before, but most of us would never continue to have kids if it were horrible. And in my case, in fact, I don't know ANYONE who would carry a baby for someone else if their experience was terrible; so it does show that a happy, healthy pregnancy/delivery can and is more than likely to happen for you.

I wish you the best of luck and continue to post and gain strength from those positive things you can find here on JM. And Welcome.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??

Last edited by GSLynn; June 20th, 2011 at 03:31 PM.
June 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Thank you all. I'm just still so nervous. I have my first doctors appointment monday for paperwork and such. I hope I can do this
June 21st, 2011, 01:26 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

i am sure you can do this.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 21st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsisMoon89 View Post
Thank you all. I'm just still so nervous. I have my first doctors appointment monday for paperwork and such. I hope I can do this
You can do this

Once you have your EDD, please consider joining a Due Date Club! There is lots of support there for you and many many women filled with pregnancy wisdom!

June 21st, 2011, 05:20 PM
EDD is February 25th
June 22nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Congratulations

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search