What Do I Do?!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 06:05 PM
I found out I was pregnant yesterday by using a 3 pack of tests. All said the same thing. I won't graduate with my accounting degree (bachelors) until I am 5 1/2 months pregnant. I just moved into my own apt this weekend with a year lease. I am now really glad I decided to do a 2 bedroom. I work as a substitute school bus driver during the school year... I am interning this summer. I planned to hopefully start an accounting job right after graduation (dec 2011). Now I doubt I will find a job. I barely make enough money to pay my bills every month. How can I take any time off for the baby? How can I pay for any of this? I don't want to go into, but I really don't have anyone to turn to. I haven't told anyone. I'm stressed, scared, shocked, excited, a little happy, and sad. I am 4w3d and I am 24 years old. How can I manage to do this?!

I should add that as a sub bus driver, I have no benefits as a hired driver. No paid time off, nothing...
August 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you want to keep the baby (and it sounds like you do) you need to go to your local health department and get a pregnancy test done. This is usually free or on the sliding scale. This will give you proof of pregnancy and they will either refer you to the state or set you up with everything you need that day. It depends on the state. In my state you walk out of the building with insurance, WIC,and prenantals. You have to go to the state assistance office a few weeks later and confirm that you meet the guidlines but it sounds like you should.

You also need to sign up for the WIC program. This provides you with free vouchers for cereal, eggs, milk, juice, cheese, beans, and peanut butter while you are pregnant. If you choose to breastfeed they will add carrots and tuna. If you choose to formula feed they will give you vouchers for formula and latter infant cereal,juice, and milk. In some states they also have a carseat program where you can get a free carseat if you attend a carseat safety class.

There is lots of help out there you just have to take advantage of it. Realize it's not a permanant thing and use it while you need it and pay it forward after you don't need it anymore.

August 17th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Holdens Mommy <3
Everything will fall into place. When I found out I was pregnant, I was jobless living @ home with my mom and somehow, everything worked out the way it was supposed to and I found a job, saved money and did what I needed to do to support myself and my son.
I wish nothing but luck to you, you will get thru this. Hugs!!

Tags
graduating , job hunting , unplanned

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search