new around here and need advice *updated*

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Raven_Haired_Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Delete please

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!

Last edited by Raven_Haired_Mama; October 19th, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
September 12th, 2011, 01:49 PM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry your having such a rough time. Things will get better, it may not seem like it right now but it will.

September 13th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Delete

Last edited by Raven_Haired_Mama; October 19th, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
September 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lurker here: wonder what antidepressant did he give you? my daughter is also bi-polar and when she was pregnant her dr's all refused to give her any until after baby came.

oh, trust and believe that things will fall into place and the happiness will show up soon. after you feel your baby and see it on a u/s, your heart will connect to it and all will be well. BTDT.

~~terre~~
September 13th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Super Mommy
Hey Brandy, I can relate to how you are feeling! I'm not bi-polar (but with my crazy hormones you wouldn't be able to tell) I did no want to have another child. I have one son who's 6 and I swore he would be the only one. Until, oops withdraw doesn't work. Surely, at 36 I'm old enough to know that. I have spent the last 3-4 weeks in a depression. I can't think of one positive thing about this baby. It's all negative and no matter what I do I can shake the funk. My dh is over the moon excited and I wish that I could be too. I keep telling him I want my life back. I'm so afraid that this babies going to come and I'm going to resent it. I know everyone says I will love it but what if I don't?

BTW, I think we might be in the same DDC since I'm 8 weeks. I also have trouble going over there because I feel like I have nothing in common with those women. I try thinking it might cheer me up but I usually end up more depressed.
September 13th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Delete

Last edited by Raven_Haired_Mama; October 19th, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
September 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not bi-polar and our baby was planned, but I do have a history of depression.
I went off my meds when I got pregnant also. Some of them you aren't supposed to go off of cold turkey but I ended up with hyperemesis (most extreme form of morning sickness you can get) so I just kept throwing up the last one I was supposed to be slowly weaning off.

Depression didn't kick back in until I was 6 months pregnant, and I believe it was more to do with the situation I was in anyway. I was perfectly happy all that time before that, even with the hyperemesis. I wanted this baby that much!

Anyway, at 7 months, they put me back on 2 of the meds I was on before, but at lower doses. It made a hell of a difference. Before that I was a complete mess.

Pregnancy does mess with your hormones and therefore your emotions. For people that already have trouble with their emotions pregnancy can be the most trying time of your life. Some dr's still refuse to treat pregnant women with meds, but most will do it now if the consequences of not doing it out way the benefit.

What you're feeling can very well be normal for untreated bi-polar. It doesn't make you a bad person. It's a chemical imbalance in your brain. Asking you to get ahold of it yourself is like asking the sky to turn green.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
September 17th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Super Mommy
bking and daisyprincess, I hope my story helps to comfort you a bit. My two oldest children are from a previous relationship, and DH and I have the younger two together. We have been together for nearly 12 years, and married for 7 next month. For 8 or 9 years now, we have been using the withdrawal method and being particularly careful around my most fertile days. We have never "messed up". Luke and Grace were planned. After Grace we were sure we were done, now that we had 4 kids (the oldest two's father is not involved at all, and DH has been raising them with me since they were 4 and 1). We had just been putting off him having a vasectomy, never thinking in a million years we would have an oops pregnancy. Well, we did. It was a complete and total shock; 5 kids?!? Are you kidding me?!? The first couple of weeks were very, very rough. I am hoping that you may find comfort knowing that now, here we are at 21 weeks and are very happy. We know it is going to be tough financially, but we are going to make it work and are feeling blessed with our little unexpected baby. It still blows my mind sometimes when I look at my expanding belly and feel this little one moving inside of me. I sometimes can't believe we are starting all over again with a new baby, but my overwhelming feelings are of happiness and awe.
Wife to Jerry and mom to Drew (18), Hannah (15), Luke (8), Grace (4), Owen (just turned 2), and expecting Baby #6 in August 2014
September 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly what you're going through minus the bipolar... i've also felt pretty depressed lately (although not clinically, but still depressed). This was a very unplanned pregnancy and there are so many reasons I shouldn't have a baby right now, but like you, abortion is not something I can do.

I live with my parents, after my daughter's father ditched us when she was 6 months old. My current boyfriend is younger than me and we've only been together 5 months. He is unemployed and also lives with his mother (who isn't exactly an ideal grandmother figure). My job is not secure at the moment because our company was just taken over by another company... anyways, there are many reasons. So I really do feel your pain. On top of the stress of just having a baby.. I have to move out of my parents' home, find a place, find first and last months' rent, furnish the place... I have nothing.

anyways... enough about me, but I just wanted you to know that there are more people out there like you than you know. Not everyone's pregancies are sunshine and rainbows.

I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to. I'm currently due either April 20 or 24th.. so we're not too far off from each other.

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
September 23rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Delete

Last edited by Raven_Haired_Mama; October 19th, 2012 at 11:49 PM.
May 6th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Delete

Last edited by Raven_Haired_Mama; October 19th, 2012 at 11:50 PM.
May 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for the update. So happy you are happy with your new bundle of joy. Enjoy him because they do grow up so quick.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

May 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Hello~

I am in a similar situation without the bipolar and depression. I am 34 yrs old, married with 2 children...14 and 6. We were done and did not want any more and I am pregnant now....I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. I am devasted, I am not ready to start over...my kids are growing up and it is going to be extremly hard. Our house is too small for another child. I am contemplating abortion however I don't know if I can do it but I know I don't want to be pregant again.....it is very hard....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search