so stressed...advice?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Veteran
if this is the wrong area for this, please move to appropriate place

our pregnancy was a big surprise. i was on the pill, though i will admit, i was terrible about remembering to take the dang thing.

i own a 3 bedroom home in a small town, only a few blocks from my parents, and all of my friends are in this same small town. and it's very small...1700 residents. and i love it here. it's about 25 miles from a larger city (roughly 150,000 people there), so it's not too much of a drive. my boyfriend owns a home in that city, though he is from the same small town as me.

i LOVE my house. it's cute, and i've put a lot of work and time into making it a beautiful home.

he wants me to sell it and move into his. we share our time between the two, and it doesn't make sense to keep paying for 2 houses. i want to stay here and be close to family and friends. he wants to move into his...

he will have to pay the government back $8000 (first time homebuyer credit) if he sells his before the specified time is up, which was 3 years, and will be up in November of 2012. i do not want to live there for that long. i don't want to live there at all. but he makes a valid point, with the money pay back, it's closer to work and school, and doctors. i honestly don't care though. i've been making that 25 mile drive my whole life, so what's so wrong with doing it now?

i'm just confused about the whole thing. i'm not trying to be selfish, or force him into having to pay back money to the govt just because of what i want. but i really feel strongly about this. i don't want a newborn and be farther than a few blocks from my parents.

maybe i'm being dumb about the whole thing, but i just don't know what to do. part of me wants to just give in because he does make sense. but the other part is stuck in my roots and doesn't want to leave.
September 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe rent one of the places out until you guys know for sure what you want to do. Just be aware of all tenant/landlord laws in your area and run background and credit checks on potental tenants.

September 16th, 2011, 01:23 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good suggestion, leogirl.

i can certainly see why you would want to be closer to your family at this time too!

~~terre~~
September 16th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree about renting. It might be easier to rent his in the city so that could maybe work to your advantage
September 17th, 2011, 11:04 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think these girls are on the righttrack with renting. oftentimes you can rent for higher than your mortgage. lol. Renting the house in the city sounds like the best bet.

Good luck in whatever choice is made and in a feminist way.. stick to your guns!! We all know how important family is when a new baby is around

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
September 20th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Veteran
thanks for your advice...i'm still stuck on which is the right choice. i know what i want...i'm just not sure how to get it lol...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search