when to start getting ready for baby

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Veteran
is there some sort of manual out there, haha?

when do most people start really planning? like, when to start getting the nursery ready, when to begin buying the essentials, when to have the baby shower?

we are finding out the sex as soon as we can, so i will wait to start buying clothes and other gender specific items until then. but the room that will be baby's is a terrible bright blue that hurts my eyes, lol, so it's not too early now to start priming the walls and woodwork and doors, right?

i'm excited, so i'm wanting to do things now!!
September 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Most people tend to wait until they are into their 2nd trimester where the chance of loss goes down. If the blue is awful no harm in changing it.

September 20th, 2011, 02:43 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The general rule of thumb would be the 2nd trimester, which is roughly between 13-16 weeks depending on who you ask.

But if you're ready to start now go for it. I hear the "nesting instinct" takes over in your third trimester, so may as well make everything how you want it now so you can take it easy then

September 21st, 2011, 11:02 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Make sure if you are painting to do it in a well ventilated room - all windows and doors open as well as a fan going due to the paint fumes.

I started buying things for the baby at around 24 weeks.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 21st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We bought our first baby things at 20 weeks after finding out what we were having. We planned the baby shower for 2 months before birth only because it matched up with another family event. But I agree with waiting till 2nd trimester.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

September 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Veteran
waiting is sooooo hard!! but i think its the best idea. i've never had a lot of patience!
September 22nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We waited until we had our gender scan at 20ish weeks.

September 22nd, 2011, 10:51 PM
Veteran
wait dude.. you should be more patience

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search