Did you ever think

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 10:08 AM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
When you got that unplanned positive did you think about your options and if you kept the baby what was your reasoning?

I knew with baby#2 my dd I would keep it cause I knew dh wanted a girl and when I saw the positive I knew it was a girl.
With this baby I thought about open adoption but I just can't see not raising my baby even though it's going to be harder this time around since dh and I have seperated. I know he wants the baby now but at first I wasn't sure what he was wanting so I thought I was going to be all on my own with 3 kids but he is stepping up and is really happy I stopped thinking about adoption.

October 2nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
I'm not currently pregnant, but I had an unplanned pregnancy when I was 17. When I found out I was pregnant, I thought of all my options. I really didn't think I could parent a child at that time. I was also worried about it getting in the way of all my plans, and I wasn't ready to sacrifice my own life at the time. We ended up keeping the baby and I'm so glad we did. He's 7 years old now and I can't imagine life without him. Parenting is not the right choice for everyone, and I strongly encourage anyone with an unplanned pregnancy to look into their options and to not feel guiltly doing so.
October 2nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. I was leaning toward abortion and had actually called to get prices. DH really wanted to have the baby and it kinda grew on me so we decided to keep her.

October 9th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We talked for a long time after finding out we were pregnant. We had some serious talks about termination. Bf said he didnt want to put it up for adoption. He felt taht either termination or keeping it was the only real options we should consider. And after a little bit of time to think, he wanted to keep the baby. It took me a long time to get used to the idea of having a baby.

But I am glad we made our decision.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 16th, 2011, 09:17 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
there was no doubt in my mind that i would have this baby, because my ex forced me to terminate a pregnancy in 2008. it was one of the worst things that anyone ever did to me and i wish i could take it back. i could never let it happen again. that said, my tubes are tied this time.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

October 16th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
This time there was no thoughts of anything but keeping him/her, even though I already have 2 kids, my husband left just weeks before finding out and I already had a lot of life plans that are now on hold again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search