Another decision

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2004, 05:57 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there anyone out there that was preggo with an unplanned baby and make another decision other than to keep it--like adoption or abortion?

I DO NOT want this to turn into an abortion debate. Your opinion is your business. I'm just wondering if there are any current moms out there or ttc to-be-moms that became preggo when they werent ready and made another choice than to keep the baby. I just want to know so we can support each other and/or support someone reading this looking for an answer.

September 5th, 2004, 06:44 PM
I Heart 4x4
No.

Being adopted, I couldn't do that to another child. No, I didn't have a horrible, tramatic childhood ... it's just something I could not do. If you'd like to continue that discussion, you can PM me. It's a personal issue.

As for abortion, I couldn't bring myself to even say the word, let alone commit the act. It never even crossed my mind.
September 6th, 2004, 07:59 AM
tig2ger4lifemommy
No, I never thought about either...We just took what we had coming. LOL As a friend says, "You play with fire, you'll get burned" of "It takes two to tango". I heard the "It takes two to 'tango'" allot! So we just took the baby as a fact, babies happen when you fool around, so we have two here and three in heaven.

As Ash, already said anyways knowing her and knowing another person adopted I wouldn't want to abort or put up for adoption. I would consider adoption, but only after having Ash help me make sure I get info she wishes she had.
September 6th, 2004, 08:05 AM
I Heart 4x4
Quote:
Originally posted by tig2ger4lifemommy@Sep 6 2004, 08:59 AM
I would consider adoption, but only after having Ash help me make sure I get info she wishes she had.
I aim to please (and help!).
September 6th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Veteran
Married with 2 other children abortion would never be an option for me now neither woudl adoption.........

however if i was 15 again and suddenly realized i had an unplanned pregnancy......abortion would definatly be an option
<span style="font-family:Impact">and #3 in Feb. 2005</span>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/fox...ybelly17w2d.jpg
September 7th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
Both Toria and this babe were unplanned...in the sence that it wasn't the right time for us. But I always wanted kids so I'm lovin' them to my fullest.

If I was younger even I wouldn't abort or give my child up for adoption. As long as I'm healthy and able...My children will be with me.

If you check out My Webpage You'll see some pics of us.
September 6th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Regular
Hi
I had an abortion when i was 16....i felt like that was the only solution. I was just young and scared that my parents would hate me. It turned out that after I had it done (like a few days), my parents found the paperwork and knew what happened anyways. They agreed w/ my decision and weren't upset like i thought. I was depressed over it for many years and have barely recovered from it. Both I and the father still mourn for that unborn child eventhough we are no longer together. Biggest mistake i ever made. I'm preggers again (now i'm 23) and was considering abortion again. Remembered the guilt and pain and decided to keep this baby. Just wanted to let you know...

Jade

The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.

After a labor lasting approximately 3 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and will be 18 inches long. This child will have light brown eyes and dark hair.
September 7th, 2005, 05:54 AM
nat81
My fiance (then bf) and I had discussed an abortion. I told him we should try to get through one day knowing that we would and see how we felt about it... It didn't take me long to realise I couldn't. The night we were supposed to make our decision he told me that he had thought about having the baby instead and I cried because I was so releaved since that's what I realised I wanted as well!

Anyway, the day after we had our DD my fiance told me that once he saw her he didn't know how he could have lived with himself if we had gone the other route... we don't like to talk about it much anymore...
September 7th, 2005, 06:31 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
With my fist I had considered giving him up for adoption however, as the pregnancy progressed I decided I wanted to keep the baby. He unfortunately was born at 28 weeks and had a lot of medical problems and never made it out of the NICU. My DD was also unplanned and by that time I had decided that no matter what I would keep her and I am very happy with that decision. This pregnancy was planned.

September 8th, 2005, 10:21 AM
When I was younger I thought that if something happened and I got pregnant I might consider adoption, because I couldn't see how the baby would benefit from having a teen mother. Then my older sister got pregnant at 14, and I watched her raise her son. I've realized now that if she could raise a happy, healthy baby by herself at fifteen (and a second at 20), then I could have my little one at 20 with no problems. So no, when I found out I was pregnant, I didn't have to think about what I would do, because I knew I'd be keeping it. Now I'm almost seven weeks along and excited that I get to be a mommy, and my bf's happy about it too!

September 8th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Larkin121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't checked in on this board in a while, so I thought I'd post again finally.

I had an abortion about a year and 3 months ago. It was the most heartbreaking decision. My fiance and I had been together only a month when we found out I was pregnant and had no plan, no financial stability... i had always been pro-choice (still am) but didn't quite realize how hard it is to be ok with abortion when it is you.

We don't regret the decision, per se, as our reasons for doing it still stand, but it does still affect us and often makes us sad. We are so excited about this baby, but often feel as though we need to apologize to the other baby for not keeping it too. Often at night I take a minute to talk to the baby I aborted, asking forgiveness. I guess that sounds silly, but... oh well, it's just a way I cope with it. The only comforting thing I can think of is that I aborted at 4 weeks pregnant, which is so very early. I'm not minimizing the fact that a life is a life, but at that point it was so early and so many women miscarry without even knowing it at that stage.... had i been 6 weeks or more along, I'm not sure I could have made the same choice.

Sorry to ramble on... I'm hoping not to get blasted for my choice, just wanted to share an honest answer to the question.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search