Single Mummy 2 Be

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2011, 03:45 AM
I am 24 and 18 weeks pregnant, it was unplanned and the father has decided he doesn't want to be apart of the babies life so I will be going it alone. I am excited about becoming a mother but so scared aswell. I am scared of what to expect after bubs is born and am considering moving back home with my parents for support.

Has anyone else made the decision to move home or has any advice to help me make this decision???
December 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM
maggzies's Avatar Veteran
I'm about to be 23 myself and am almost 18 weeks. I had to make the decision to move back in with my family while I get my finances together, it really is nice to get close to family and get on your feet with support of family and friends while you're pregnant.

December 14th, 2011, 07:01 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i'm 27 and live with my mother and step-dad. i was married, then i lived with a boyfriend for a couple years, and being alone (this one's father lives two hours away and can't be of much help at the moment) expecting my fourth, i need the help.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

December 14th, 2011, 07:10 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Even once my husband and I married (after we had our second - unplanned - son) still stayed in my parents house for an additional almost 3 years so that we could get on our feet. It wasn't an easy decision - I really wanted to be out of the house - but it was the best for all of us.
December 14th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it's a safe environment and you feel comfortable doing so then by all means jump at it but have a plan. Set saving goals and keep them. Be aware of what housing costs in your area and put away half or a years worth of rent if you can.Plus maintain your other bills and a little pocket money. You need as much support as you can get!

December 14th, 2011, 09:15 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leogirl View Post
If it's a safe environment and you feel comfortable doing so then by all means jump at it but have a plan. Set saving goals and keep them. Be aware of what housing costs in your area and put away half or a years worth of rent if you can.Plus maintain your other bills and a little pocket money. You need as much support as you can get!
Yes ^ that too!

Also, if your parents will agree to it (and you trust them), give that money you set aside to them to put into a savings that only they can get to. That way you won't feel tempted to put it to other uses.
December 14th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Four days after my first son was born my then boyfriend/his father abandoned us. We were already living with my mom. I had a hard pregnancy and couldn't work. Being at my mom's was a life saver. I see nothing wrong with it. My mom and son have such a close bond because of it. We lived with her until he was 3 1/2.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
December 16th, 2011, 10:09 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I am 29 and when me and my husband split up I had no choice but to move me and my 2 children in with my mom which was a life saver since my husband didn't want me to work after I had a surgrey that really messed up my insides and caused me to be in sever pain. So I moved in with her until me and my husband got back together but we are split again and had to move back in with her since I can't work now because I am on bedrest until the baby comes in Feb. I can't wait till April when I will be able to go back to work so I can get me and my kids on the right track again.
So if it will help you then do it you will also get some help with the baby when it comes I'm sure. My mom and my kids are extremly close to each other she is like a second mom to them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search