First time pregnant and feel as though I'm becoming an emotional nutcase!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2012, 02:08 AM
Regular
Hi,
Well as the title says this is my first pregnancy ever and was of course completely unplanned and I am completely unprepared. Ever since I found out I've been having such high and low moments throughout my day I feel as though I am have become slightly unhinged. I think the thing that bothers me the most is that I've yet to see the OBGYN and feel as though I'm currently in limbo waiting to find out if yes indeed I am going to be experiencing a crazy upcoming year or not.
I got two positive tests the day I found out, I've yet to start my period over two weeks late now, yet I realize a Positive test doesn't always mean a viable pregnancy. I realize from all I've read there is around a 25%possibility this pregnancy won't be viable and I will end up miscarrying. A sobering thought in normal circumstances but as this was unplanned I can't help but think if I am indeed destined to miscarry why should I tell friends/ family. My family is extremely religious and as the pregnancy would be out of wedlock with no plans to marry anytime soon I doubt they'd be warm to the idea.
In more normal circumstances I wouldn't feel bad about keeping the pregnancy a secret till 12 weeks either but as luck would have it my brother is getting married the week after I'm to believe my due date is! His fiancé, a wonderful girl has asked me to be a bridesmaid and I graciously accepted but feel horrible at the very real possibility of having to bow out in a few weeks AND at the possibility of a possible future birth disrupting what should be a perfect day completely about their happiness and their love.
So I guess my question to any who have put up with my rambling this far is when did you tell your families about your unplanned pregnancies, how did they react, and for my particular situation any advice?
Appologies for the length I've just been holding this in for so long( they got engaged the day I found out I was pregnant) I feel I'm going to burst every time I talk to someone! Thanks.
January 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
this is my fourth child, so my family wasn't shocked or anything. but i didn't tell anyone until i had to go to the hospital for spotting @ 6 weeks (possibly miscarried a twin). i had to give my mom a reason why i NEEDED her to watch my kids. i would've waited longer if i could've. it sucks hearing "AGAIN?" over and over.
i wish you the best of luck, and hope you'll stick around jm. the boards are really supportive, and having a DDC where everyone is due around your time is great!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 5th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Regular
Thanks. I imagine all of this stress and the "what-ifs" are just magnified bc this is completely foreign territory for me.
How do you find/ join a "ddc" (due date club?)?
January 5th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I hear ya...I found out out two days ago I am pregnant and it is totally unplanned and is my first one...I had my doctor's appointment today...but I feel emotional and crazy all the time and go up and down and I feel like it's all I want to talk about! You are not alone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search