I am a single 21 year old college student and pregnant?!?!?!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I am a single 21 year old college student who is pregnant and I am freaking out!!!! I am not with the guy who is the father and I do not know how to tell him. We were really never together and we are just friends. I know i need to tell him but i am really scared because he has not been in the best place lately. Dealing with his own problems and stress. But i know i need to tell him i just don't know how?!?!?!

I am lucky that i have my mothers support. i just told her and she wishes that i would have waited longer to have kids, but she said she loves and will support me no matter what. :-D I just don't know what to do really. I have never really thought about having to be responsible for another persons life. I don't even know what i am writing about anymore i am just scared and don't know what to do anymore about anything :-/
January 17th, 2012, 09:50 PM
First off, everything will be OK. You have your mom's support, which is amazingly helpful for you and a comfort. My view on things is that your baby is here for a reason. It may not be the optimum time in your life to become a mother, but everything will work out. Try to relax and calm yourself and sit down and really talk this out with your mom. I'm sure she'll be willing to help you with the baby, which would be great. I wish you the best of luck as you enter the wonderful world of motherhood. It can be trying at times, but SO worth it. Good luck :-)!!
January 18th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Thanks, and I am going to try to stay calm and relax. I am very thankful to have my mom in my life and i know my mom and her boyfriend will help me out through this whole process. Its just a scary to think about taking care of another life. But i am just going to try to take it one day at a time.
January 18th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I know what you mean about how the thought of looking after another human being is so overwhelming. But, I have found that as long as you are loving, supportive, caring, nurturing, and accepting, everything will turn out great. I'm sure you have it in you to give your baby everything he or she needs. No one is a perfect parent - everyone makes little mistakes here and there because it is a learning experience. Babies don't come with a manual; we just do our best and everything turns out in the end. I'm sure you'll be a very good mama to this baby and just take it one day at a time, like you said. Hugs and good luck :-)!!
January 23rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
I know this is all very overwhelming, but you can do this. You'll be a wonderful mom, and it sounds like you have a great mom as an example to follow. It may be hard to tell the father, but after you tell him, I think you'll feel a lot better.

Good luck and have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search