20 and pregnant.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I'm Gabrielle and pregnant. I'm kind of with the father, kind of not. He and I were together for 2 years, broke up, recently got back together, and this is the result. The most important people in my life know that I'm pregnant, other than that nobody else does. I'm sure when I'm comfortable to tell the rest of my family know I'll tell them, but for the time being, I'm scared as heck! I'm still in college and want to graduate with my friends, but it doesn't seem likely at this present moment. Like I said I'm scared, nervous, somewhat excited, all emotions mixed in one. It's still early and hopefully as this goes on, I'll be perfectly fine with having a baby and I know I'll love the baby no matter what. The nerves and morning sickness are getting the best of me!

If anyone has any advice for me regarding pregnancy and parenting, I will gladly take it!
January 27th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i was 20 when i had my first daughter. her father and i tried to make it work but we couldnt. by the time she was 8 months old i was on my own and she is now 5. we made it work just fine. i worked and supported us and after living with my parents for 9 months i rented a small house for the two of us. it was hard but i managed. i had to put my education on hold. it was hard but its what i had to do for us. now i am back finishing my education and i met a wonderful man and got married 9 months ago. i know your scared. i have been there, but it will all work out. being a mom is the best thing i have ever done in my life.
January 28th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also had my first at 20. His dad and I ended up getting married and now have 4 but I also had to put school on hold. I went while I was pregnant but then took a year off and focused on my family. Even after I only went back part time but I just graduated nursing school and we are all doing well. I think you will do just fine but I remember that feeling of "OMG are there 2 lines there. No way. What am i going to do" Just take a deep breath. I'm not going to lie, everything will change. The people you think will be there for you, won't. The ones you least expect will. When your friends are out partying celebrating turning 21 and doing whatever they want, you are going to be home with your little one. But you are going to love that baby so much that you won't even care. There is nothing like the love for your child. You will have to grow up fast but you can do it and when he/she looks up at your and says love you mommy for the first time... everything will be worth it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search