I just need to vent and then have a quiet nervous breakdown!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By evolve37

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I really can't believe I let this happen. I thought I was getting started with menopause. No--I think I'm pg. Look--I can't even type the word. I'm 49yo and have 22yo kid in college!

I've been a widow for about 3.5 yrs. Ten years ago, this would have been fantastic news--we tried and tried but couldn't carry a baby to term. But DH passed away suddenly and I'm just getting to the point of being happy and excited about being single again.

About a year ago I dated a man who I really liked alot--maybe loved, but it didn't work out. Then we ran into each other again before Thanksgiving and started talking and hanging out. All very nice and slow. But I could tell we were bringing back the old feelings. We went out for New Years Eve and had a blast. We stayed up all night after the party talking and drinking wine and I was careful that night. But then that morning after 2 hours sleep, still full of wine and feeling all in love I let him go with no protection. What an idiot! My cycle is still very regular and I was still over a week away from ovulation--or so the calendar said.

Now I'm in the two week wait phase. I'm much too old to be acting like a silly school girl. But here I am. If you were here, you'd be hearing me scream right about now!!! OMG!
January 28th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey its ok! Take a deep breath!! First of all you don't know yet one way or another and I know thats the worst part! If it was new years eve when you DTD the a test should show positive by now. So test!! (then post pics in AIP of course) Knowing will help. Either way you can accept it for what it is, not what it might be! I am sure I would be freaking out too but even if you are pregnant the fact you have a 22 yr old in college is proof enough for me you are a completely capable parent and while it would certainly change things it wouldn't be the end of the world! A baby is always a blessing, right?

January 28th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks Jess. I did a double take cuz my best friend's name is Jessica. And your advice is sound, just like hers would be. I picked up some tests today and will test in the morning. Just trying to wrap my mind around the whole idea. Of course children are blessings--and it's not the end of the world. I think I'm more embarrassed than anything else because this is something a teenager would allow to happen--the very thing I continually warn my kid about. While being a single parent is not ideal, I am more financially able to deal with it. I just have to get used to the idea that this new-found freedom of mine will be coming to an end. I just feel like I've been someone's wife or mommy my entire adult life--except for the past few years--and was just starting to enjoy doing exactly what I want to do when I felt like doing it. Selfish? Yes! But this is the first time in my life I've been able to be selfish. But I coming to accept the idea and will know for sure tomorrow. Thx!
January 29th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We all have slip ups!! Nothing to be embarrassed about! I understand what you mean though!! It would definately be a big change and I can completely see why you would want to have time to do your own thing right now but it is what it is!! Keep me posted! Good luck in the morning!!

January 29th, 2012, 10:07 PM
MauMama's Avatar formerly La_Sirena
Big hugs and hopefully it will turn out ok in the end. Things have a way of working out for the best.

Jen + Matt
Parents to Sophie, the Wondergirl
Asperger's Syndrome
Joint Hypermobility
GERD & Constipation
Anxiety

Angels Autum & Isla (2007)
+ 7 others (2002 - 2011)

Mama with arthritis & connective tissue disorder called TRaPS
I've been charting since Jan 16, 2001 and TTA since April 2007.
February 2nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks guys for the support! I'm much calmer now. Got one negative and one positive. Have my annual physical in the morning, so I'll ask the doc for a blood test to break the tie.

Nervous breakdown averted!
JessW7 likes this.
February 2nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What does the positive look like? If the line has color its likely positive but if it has no color then its an evap line. Good luck!

February 5th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
update!?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search