new here, confused, shocked...long ramble, sorry

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Ashley a divorced mom of 2, with a great boyfriend who is a father of 2 himself. Our family right now consists of a very hectic life of an 8, 7, 4, and 19 month old. My boyfriend and i had made the decision that our family was perfect, and we were content on no more kids. well surprise....I took a pregnancy test and got a BFP! We have had so many mixed emotions and had talked about our options, whether or not to keep this baby or terminate and decided first thing first we needed to find out how far along i am. i went to the doctor Monday to have an ultrasound and expected to see a lima bean on the screen. I was completely shocked to have the ultrasound tech tell me i am 17 weeks!!! my lima bean has arms and legs and facial features and was moving all about! My initial shock of being pregnant was over, but now i am feeling this new shock of how far along i am and the fact that my options are limited now. i want to be excited but i am so full of mixed emotions i don't know which to process first!
February 9th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Regular
Hiya hunny, first off i cant imagine what you must be going through, being pregnant in itself triggers off all kind of emotions and hormones, then on top of that the unexpected shock of being !!!17 weeks too ..... (((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))

i cant really offer any advice as im not in your shoes,(and im currently ttc) all i can suggest is just talking it through with your oh , family or friends , sorry im not much help but i didnt want to read and run

just know that whatever you decide to do is whats best for you and your family please keep us updated x
February 9th, 2012, 08:34 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I could be way off.. but I think this baby could just unite your two families even more. s/he just wanted to be a part of that big wonderful family that the two of you created by the merging of your families.

Best of luck for you both. But no matter what the ladies of JM are here for you

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
February 9th, 2012, 09:03 AM
thank you both, we have decided to have the baby and do the best we can to enjoy this crazy roller coaster ride. I want so bad to be excited, its just hard. we don't have that much time left to figure everything out and make sure we are ready! guess we will just do the best we can! I am anxious to share this journey with all of you ladies, and appreciate you listening!

February 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Regular
Ohhhh im so glad you decided to keep the baby, and im sure in a few weeks when all has sunk in and settled you will start to enjoy this pregnancy

Cant wait for your updates on how the pregnancy is going, and remember us JM ladies are all here to support you....

now can i ask u a question, did u have af's as u only found out when 17weeks just curious? x
February 9th, 2012, 05:05 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Life is full of rollercoasters and right now you sound pretty shocked but once you have that baby in your arms everything will feel right and fall into place Congratulations! We are here for you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

February 10th, 2012, 04:22 AM
thank you all, i love it here!
now can i ask u a question, did u have af's as u only found out when 17weeks just curious? x
to answer that, no. but it was no strange thing for me not to have it. before i had kids i knew when i was going to get AF within 12 hours every month. then after kids i could go 14 days to 65 days, to bleeding on day a week for 3 weeks! since having my baby girl (who's gonna be 2) i stopped tracking, i wasnt planning on more kids and lost sight of following them. the last bleeding i had was random days throughout oct. and then a few random days again in november.

February 11th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Regular
You hear alot of ladies in the same boat, irregular af's etc not finding out untill later on

I cant imagine the shock of it all, but you sound like your coping well, and JM helps any lady do that,,,,,, i love this site too

cant wait for updates lots of love Bex x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search