Britney Spears

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2005, 12:11 PM
1proudmom2kalli
I think everyone's making good points.

I agree that it's not just Britney putting a bad influence on kids today. I am scared for my little girl to grow up and watch MTV or any of that, but we can't shelter them from everything. They'll be exposed, one way or another. But, you're right, it's definately not just Britney, but a lot of people.

I just think people that are in the public eye should be more careful with their actions. And I agree w/ ChristaT, her fan base ranges, even to younger "teens" and "preteens", like it or not. And they see her and go "I wanna be like that!" But like I said, it's not just Britney, but she certainly does get a lot of attention, and I can't help but think she brings it on herself sometimes.

And why does she need to deny things? She was "saving herself for marriage". Okay, that must be why her first marriage lasted what? 48 hours?

Celebs in general need to clean up their acts. Actually, general people need to clean it up too. Times are certainly changing, even from when I was younger... and I'm freaking 19!!!!

But, you girls are all right. I just have no respect for someone who would deny a pregnancy and then come out and announce it a little bit later. I mean, why deny it in the first place? And the boob job thing? What's the big deal? Everyone knows boobs don't grow SIZES overnight! Duh..

The whole Britney thing has sparked some irritation with me though because she's just out there and that's what little girls look up to. When I was 10-12, I looked up to Alanis Morrissette. Now there's a girl who sticks up for us women. I know her one video she was completely nude, but I think it was to make a point, not just to be trashy... And I also looked up to Elizabeth Cady Stanton. She fought for women's suffrage. Now, THAT'S something to admire! (IMO!)

But, definitely it's not just Britney... Totally agreed!
April 14th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Larkin121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're right about the boob thing. I always wondered why she never said it... although, her boobs are a mystery.. did you ever see that web thing on the mystery of Britney's breasts? It was all over for a while and showed how her boobs go big and small all the time! LOL! I kinda think she got them done and then eventually either got them taken out OR went smaller.... 'cause her boobs were smaller after a year again. But I think it's worse to get the implants and then be ashamed or whatnot... I got implants three years ago and I was soooo happy to have breasts (moderate breasts... i only went to a C cup from an A), that I told all of my friends and even let them see them! lol! Of course, now I don't tell anyone that I meet, 'cause it's not really their business but all of my good friends know. Maybe she didn't admit them though because she was so young and was embarrassed by it... who knows.... mayber her label wouldn't let her tell, they have you sign all sorts of contracts about what you can and can't reveal.

April 15th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just though i'd add my 2 cents in! My boobs grew 1.5 cup size in what seemed like overnight, just around the time I turned 18. BUT -- people I know that work in plastic surgury have said it looks like she did have a boob job, because they are too big for her body frame. I don't think its "our" <<the public>> to decide when a singer/actress/famous person can or can't have a child. If she is truely indead PG, I wish her the best of luck, as I would anybody. I just think in GENERAL celebs need to dress more appropiratly, if they have a young viewers, as well as parents controling what there kids watch. Like rating a consert PG-13, etc or something! And as larkin said, contracts....the joys of them. But are celebs required to tell everything to the general public of there personal lives? They are human too. I wouldn't want everybody up in my business if I were famous. Just me though!
April 15th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to im a 1st time mommy
i don't think that anyone has said that she shouldn't have a baby, and i'm sure that if in fact she is preggo then people would wish the best for her. a child is a child and deserves a good life no matter who they come from.
i may not agree with what she does and yes like everyone else i have form my opinion of her. i think the fact that she hasn't handled her self in the most mature fashion people have a lot of things to say everyone is entitles to their opinions somepeople just have really strong ones. although i still think it would be something if she got on here.
April 15th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used to like Britney until she took up with Kevin. He already had a girlfriend (I don't think they were married) and 2 year-old with her and another baby on the way. Britney could have about any man she wanted...why did she need to break up a family? I just hope Kevin gives plenty of time and attention to the 2 kids he already has in addition to this one. I also think its tacky that they sold pictures of his toddler to the tabloids.
April 16th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Veteran
I'm not a fan of hers but I feel really sorry for her these days. I think I understand why she denied the pregnancy at first. When she admitted it the media said some very nasty things about her ability to take care of herself while pregnant and her husbands behavior because he is a smoker. Would anyone like a bunch of strangers saying horrible things about your pregnancy? Maybe she was trying to delay this inevitable criticism.

I read a news article where the author was totally bashing her for having a drive through fast food bacon cheeseburger and fries and saying Britney as a pregnant woman was being irresponsible, like she is putting this trash in her body with a growing baby when she is rich and can afford to have a personal chef make her the healthiest food possible. They were going on and on about the sodium and fat in what she was eating and bashing her for having starbucks lattes because of the caffeine.

What pregnant woman doesn't give in to some cravings for things that are not the healthiest? At least she is not starving herself to save her body or something so selfish and definitely bad for the baby. A bacon cheeseburger is not going to harm her baby. Most doctors don't tell you to cut out caffeine either and if her husband wants to go outside and have a cigarette he is not hurting the baby.

Alot of women who have their first baby change dramatically during pregnany and when their baby is born. Before that they don't need to have an image of someone who would be a good mother because they are not a mother and it is their life. I can't say if she will be a good mom or a bad mom, but she is being treated very unfairly and overly criticized.
April 24th, 2005, 06:12 PM
WOW.
May 13th, 2005, 06:46 AM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
I, for one, cannot stand Britney Spears. I'll admit, about 5 years ago, I thought she was cool, but now she says she is a rolemodel but everything is about sex. I don't feel sorry for her about the tabloids, celebrities think they have it soooo hard just because the paparazzi follow them when they go shopping. I think the problem with young girls and sex has a lot to do with celebrities (not just Britney). My sis was 13 when she first had sex with a 20 year old guy! I don't know what this world is comin to but I wish there was somethin we could do to teach these kids how serious sex is! Maybe when my belly is huge, I'll pay my old middle school a visit and see how much those 12 year olds are into sex and blow jobs then, LOL.
May 13th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Shandusky's Avatar Super Mommy
You know... IF Brit ever came to a board similar to, or in fact.. this one. She probably wouldn't use her real name to register. Also... she could ALREADY be among us!

Why wouldn' tyou share your knowledge and help educate her on how to better raise her baby? Give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe with the birth of her first child, she'll change her career a bit.. maybe not, but noone complained about Pamela Anderson. And who cares? You ladies probably know more collectively than anyone she could ever hire to teach her how to take care of her baby. You should feel greatful for that. Why not impart your wisdom to someone who is unexperienced and just beginning down this tough road?

Also..
Tabloids follow people who are famous for whatever reason, good or bad, and report anything they hear true or (not). I think Britney is making a very good 'buzz' for herself. Even if you hate her, you keep up (Even if slightly) with her goings on. This is probably exactly what she wants. She is a household name now. Everyone knows who she is, what she is, what and who she is doing, and where she is doing it.

They do that to lots of people.. denying things and then revealing them later, only causes for more people to pay attention to you.. wether it's because they like her, or don't... she still gets attention.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search