Lost..scared

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By suzanneyea

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
I am 38. I found out I am pregnant. I am married and have an 8 year old son. I am not sure what to do. I had severe ppd after my son was born. It scared me so bad that I did not know if I would ever recover it was horrible. I survived. We were using condoms when I got pregnant.We were planning on getting a vasectomy but instead we got a positive pregnancy test. As soon as I realized I was pregnant the fear and depression has taken over my life. There are some days I barely function. The thought of having a new born terrifies me I had a hard time bonding with my son. He had colic and then with the ppd it took a long time. My husband is not much on the supportive side he is disappointed that I am not functioning properly. He says he sees pregnant women all the time and none of them look like me. When I had my son I went and lived with my parents for 10 weeks because I was such a mess. I am seeing a counselor but that has been of little help. My Dr. says give it time for my hormones to even out. I am afraid I will not connect with this baby because I just don't want to be pregnant. I am not sure the not wanting to be pregnant is just my fear of this depression and the tough time with a new born or just that I am not a person that can do this..
March 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Veteran
I suffered from ppd as well. I started meds and went through extensive counseling. I am still on meds even though it has been 6 years! I think in my case ppd just triggered what was already an underlying issue.

You can do this! You will be able to do it! Every pregnancy/baby is different. IMO, you are going through anxiety about what happened with your son.

I would recommend meds, if you already aren't on them. Don't let the dr blow you off. Continue counseling and maybe go more often.

HUGSSS!
March 3rd, 2012, 10:08 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I agree with the PP that every pregnancy is different. I would look into hypnobabies positive affirmations its called joyful pregnancy. It helped me so much to have a calm relaxing pregnancy with our third. I listened to it as I went to sleep every night. I slept amazing and felt amazing! Just like every pregnancy is different so is every baby. huge hugs! We are here to support you!

March 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Hello, Ive been EXACTLY where your standing.. In your shoes... TRUST ME! Everything will be OK
March 8th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Super Mommy
I know exactly how you are feeling and I promise you is does get better. I'm 36 with a 6 year old son (that I swore would be my one and only) and 33 weeks pregnant. In August, I peed on a stick and got a positive. I was devastated. I cried all day for at least a week and then off and on for months. I was seriously contemplating abortion and even went so far as to call a couple of clinics. I think it was around 18 weeks that I stopped being in denial and started looking forward to having another child. Now, I look at her little ultrasound pictures and I can't believe I ever thought about not wanting her. She is so wanted now and I'm so looking forward to meeting her and being her mom! I never would have thought that 29 weeks ago! Hang in there mama, you can do this!!!

March 9th, 2012, 05:49 AM
suzanneyea's Avatar Super Mommy
I am 40 with an 8 year old when I found out I was pregnant. We were so happy with one. I also called the abortion clinics. Well, I am 33 weeks and still scared, but I trust in God. For whatever reason, this child is meant to be and I am meant to be a mom of two. Was it my plan? Not at all. But, I am trusting in God that this is the right plan for my life. Very scary!
March 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Thank you so much for your replies. It is nice to know I am not alone. I am trying to get by a day at a time right now. I am just hoping that I can do this and be able to bond with the baby.
March 16th, 2012, 05:55 AM
georgiabrit's Avatar Super Mommy
If it's a reassurance at all, i had ppd with my first son... i felt like i didn't function normally till he was about a year old... and with my second, i worried so much that it would be the same way. It wasn't though... i felt more in control of both myself, and my son... i was a more experienced parent, and the freakout culture shock of becoming a parent that first time simply wasn't there the second time - so i really enjoyed my second son! Now i'm 36 and pregnant again, and my youngest is 6 yrs old.... I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on how this is going to go, because I know i'm a great mom and i can do this, and it sounds like you're a gret mom and can do this just fine too! :0

Polly

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search