Unplanned Pregnancy and then a miscarriage

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2012, 08:56 PM
So I've only been dating my BF for a few months. We used condoms until I got on the NuvaRing. My doctor did a urine pregnancy test which was negative and told me I could insert the ring that day. At the end of the first cycle of the first ring I started spotting (which my doctor told me wouldn't happen, he said it was perfectly safe to use one ring for 28 days and put a new ring in the same day as taking the other out to avoid a period.
So I started spotting on the 27th day of my first ring and figured it would stop when I put in the new ring, It didn't. The bleeding got worse and worse, after bleeding for five days I just didn't feel right. My back was killing me, I was having terrible cramping, and all over just felt icky. I decided to take out my ring. When I sat down on the potty to take it out, I miscarried. I had no idea I was even pregnant but I took the stuff out of the toliet and it was fetal tissue for sure. It was about the size of my finger and for sure tissue. This was four days ago and I'm still bleeding. I'm also having pregnancy symtoms. Morning sickness, breasts are tender, and my back is sore. I've read this is normal, I spoke to a friend that is a nurse and she said these things are normal and to contact my doctor if the bleeding and/or symptoms don't let up.

I am sort of a mess from all of this. I didn't want more kids. I have two beautiful daughters and an angel in heaven (boy). I don't have easy pregnancies. My first, my son was born stillborn at 34 weeks which was the hardest thing I have ever been though. And I was on bedrest for the next two pregnancies. I didn't want more kids. I am divorced, dating someone new that really is against having more kids. BUT now since my loss, I am starting to wonder if I do want another...Or is this a normal feeling after a loss? I kind of feel like I'm going crazy. Hell, I didn't even know I was pregnant, how can I be grieving the loss?

Am I going crazy?
March 12th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Don't think you're going crazy! You may not have known you were pregnant but it is still a loss! Hugs dear!
March 16th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
You're not crazy at all! I think it's perfectly normal to have all of these feelings after experiencing a loss especially with all the "could have beens". I wish you all the best! You'll get through this even though it may seem hard and impossible. Try to stay strong.

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !
March 21st, 2012, 04:12 PM
Your sooo no crazy... I was pregnant with my son and I didn't want to be at first... The doctors told me the baby had died and I was just devistated... I was suprised because I didn't want to be pregnant at the time anyway... Then to find out all was fine... It wS a rollarcoster... I lost another that I didn't know about and it was hard too... I think for you too - it brings back some very raw emotions
March 23rd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i had an unplanned pregnancy that ended in a loss at 10 weeks. i felt guilty the whole time i was pregnant and had just gotten to the point where i was accepting being pregnant. the father never wanted kids at all so i just felt guilty even though i wanted more kids i felt like i trapped him. when i lost my baby it was very hard on me. even though it was not planned i still greived my loss. im sorry for your loss. it is never easy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search