21 Pregnant with broken hips.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I'm 21 years old and I found out I was pregnant 4 days ago. I was in a car accident in December of 2011 breaking both my hips. They are pretty healed up now, and I'm beginning to walk. Well in the beginning of the accident and all the chaos. I had asked my Dr when it would be ok to be intimate again. He said in January I could be. Well apparently I got pregnant the first time. It was a complete mistake and I thought my ovulation week was the next week. My cycle had been off. I have no money and I live at home. My parents hate the fact that I'm pregnant and seriously bring me down everyday. They say my boyfriend is nothing but a sperm donor and they think he did this all on purpose so he wouldn't get sued for the accident. Which was not his fault. My boyfriend is very supportive and wants to do everything he can to support me and this baby. We've had issues with out relationship in the past that my parents seriously hate. He's changed since he found out and he knows now that he wasn't always perfect and sometimes very far away from perfect. He want's to change and he wants to grow up and commit to me. My parents don't want anything to do with him. I can't leave the father of my baby!! My mom thinks i got pregnant just to shove dirt in her face after taking care of me from the accident. Like this is how i'm paying her back. It was an accident and i'm freaking out and I've cried everyday! I wanted this baby, I really did, and now i'm not so sure. My mother is making this hell for me. I really need some help and support! Please!
March 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Sorry your going through so much. Can you move in with your boyfriend? You can always get help from the goverment to get by (food stamps,WIC) don't be afraid to ask for help thats why they are there. Do whats right for YOU don't worry about what your parents think its your life. Goodluck to you hun.

March 15th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Were planning on moving out. He's already in an apartment with a roommate. He is trying to get a better paying job so we can have a nice place for our baby. It's just a matter of time, that's all. It's just really hard being home and dealing with my mom. I know it's my life, but I always feel like I need to please my mother.
March 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Wow-seems like you've had a rough time lately! How are your hips doing? Is that affecting your pregnancy at all?

But, it sounds like you're more worried about your parents reaction to the news that you're pregnant. And, I can imagine that must be a difficult subject to bring up. However, you sound like you really want to keep this baby no matter what-which is great!

So, maybe something that would give you some support during this time (besides your boyfriend) is a Pregnancy Resource Center. They have a lot of great services available for young women in your shoes. And, I know you can find one in your area through something called OptionLine. They have a website you can look up or just dial 1-800-712-HELP. So, something to keep in mind.

Well, I'll be praying that your parents (specifically your mom) respond better than you hoped to this news. Hang in there and stay healthy!
March 15th, 2012, 01:43 PM
My hips are actually fine. It's the back side of them, so it won't effect the birth canal at all. I'm also really early along. I'm only 6 wks 5 days. So we'll see how the hips are later.
Thank you so much for the prayers and the help lines.
My mom is doing a little better, I just wished she hadn't reacted the way she did and just yell at me for an hour and make me feel horrible about myself and life!
March 17th, 2012, 07:16 AM
If you really want the baby you will do everything possible to make it work. Don't worry about what your parents say. You will find a way to take care of this baby. There are plenty of agencies that will provide support, free supplies , and resources for you to be able to live on your own. Start with a local church. They will counsel you and support your decision to keep the baby. Good luck.
March 17th, 2012, 08:17 AM
If you really want the baby you will do everything possible to make it work. Don't worry about what your parents say. You will find a way to take care of this baby. There are plenty of agencies that will provide support, free supplies , and resources for you to be able to live on your own. Start with a local church. They will counsel you and support your decision to keep the baby. Good luck.
March 18th, 2012, 08:06 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Good luck.

I know it's hard but at some point you have to stop living to please your parents. It happens to most people and it can be a hard adjustment.
March 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
It's extremely hard to stop living to please my parents! I just don't know how to do that. I feel like I need to please everyone. Although, my mother has come around and went out and bought me fruits and vitamins! She's really excited now. I'm going to be signing up for WIC and I signed up for free coupons as well. There is an apartment attached to my house that my boyfriend and I could move into for 400 or 500 bucks. That's really cheap out here. I think everything is going to be fine now. I'm really happy that I reached out for support. I'm not so terrified anymore but, can not change my name . I just want this baby to me happy and healthy and I want the world for he or she. I want them to be important and make something of themselves. Have a great career and have everything I never had. I'm really looking forward to seeing that beautiful little face.
March 19th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I am grown live in my own home and still worry about what my parents think. When I had my daughter...now 6 my mom (dad passed away when my daughter was 2) is head over heels over her...the only grandbaby (uh she doesn't know just yet another is on the way...oh well) My mom will talk about me cause i am single and bless me out again. But you know what we have to turn our negatives into positives...make plans, discsuss it with your boyfriend...you both have a beautiful person on the way...make it work!! It is rough trust me...I am headed in that direction now...at 40 yes I am 40...I am about to make this work as I love him/her already I wish you the best with hugs!! Your parents will fall in love with the baby
March 20th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
Don't let your parents drag you down hun. Eventually they will warm up to the idea when they realize that you're bringing their grand baby into the world. At this point I definately think it's a good idea that you move out. Space is a really good thing even when you have a good relationship with your parents. Time will do wonders, even though it sucks right now things will change and your parents will start to see what a wonderful mother you will be and how much your bf has changed. Good luck and I hope everything works out Stay strong!

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !
April 3rd, 2012, 09:11 PM
Thank you all so much for the support. My parents have come around and are being supportive. My mother already picked up some baby clothes. I'm still planning on moving out with my boyfriend as soon as possible! My first OB appointment is April 5th! I'm really excited! I've already been to my primary so it's not my first first appointment.
April 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i stopped talking to my parents awhile ago over simaler guilt trip routines but minus the pregnancy i cant imagine what it must be like together. its hard but for me staying in touch with them wasn't worth the drama or the guilt they caused my life and the issues they were riding me about got so much better once they were out of the picture. sometimes kids just hate parents but honestly some parents dont deserve there kids trust me if you can work it out try but if they just use it as more reasons to bring you down get out and dont look back i did and i dont regret it in the least.
April 10th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I'm really planning on not talking to them much when I do move out. I got my U/S today!! It made everything worth it! The baby was moving around so much! I fell in love instantly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search