New and with insurance questions (X-Posted)

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I'm really hoping there's other ladies in my boat in here 'cause I'm at a loss of ideas.

We had a whoopsie last month and I took some EC, but since I'm still without AF, I'm thinking it was too late. I've been avoiding testing until I'm reeeeeeeally reeeeeeally late, which will be next week, because I can't come up with a solution if I am. We had also wanted to TTC in a few years as we just had our son last year. I think DH will be crushed if I say I am and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it either. Honestly, I would be happy with just one child, but he's from a large family and wants more.... just not any time soon.

My husband and I have an individual insurance policy, and of course, no maternity coverage. We make just above the limit to qualify for medicaid a secondary insurance. We wouldn't qualify for 100% charity at the hospital I'd deliver at either. With my previous pregnancy, I had maternity insurance, but still had a very large deductible so I negotiated a payoff with the hospital, but I'm still paying off my balance with my doctor's office.

If I'm pregnant, we could probably save enough for the hospital, but what do I do about the doctor and prenatal care?

My Boring Blog
March 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Im not sure what your views or thoughts on birth are so take this for what its worth.

We recently had a homebirth and the out of pocket cost was 2300. This included all my prenatal care plus his birth. This also included aftercare visits and my 6 week PP check. Again not sure if this is for you but I thought I would throw it out there as an option.
HippyMomOf4 likes this.

March 15th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
EC can mess up your cycle so keep that in mind. You should test so that you can be caring for yourself properly. If it turns out that you aren't pregnant you should look into getting on a reliable method of birth control and/or using condoms to prevent other "scares" and pregnancies that you do not want.

If BFP, you may have to cut hours at one or both of your jobs to make medicare guidlines or be covered by charity care. You can also look into having care from a midwife as they are usually much cheaper/more willing to let you make payments than OBGYNs.

March 16th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Thanks ladies. I tested last night and it appears to be a no, thank god. I'm gonna retest again on Monday.

With my first, I did use a midwife, but she's affiliated with a doctor group. I love her and any other babies I have while I'm living in this city I want to be brought into the world by her. I also developed and SCH and was GBS positive, so I don't think I'd be a candidate for a home birth.

So now I have to find someplace affordable to do another IUD. They've got up sooo much in price since I had my first one placed. The whoopsie was with a condom and I'm not able to take BC pills. Bah. Everything has to be expensive for me.

My Boring Blog
March 16th, 2012, 03:01 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrrrrrr View Post
Thanks ladies. I tested last night and it appears to be a no, thank god. I'm gonna retest again on Monday.

With my first, I did use a midwife, but she's affiliated with a doctor group. I love her and any other babies I have while I'm living in this city I want to be brought into the world by her. I also developed and SCH and was GBS positive, so I don't think I'd be a candidate for a home birth.

So now I have to find someplace affordable to do another IUD. They've got up sooo much in price since I had my first one placed. The whoopsie was with a condom and I'm not able to take BC pills. Bah. Everything has to be expensive for me.
Did the SCH go away? I know they can be common in early pregnancy. Also gbs+ does not risk you out.

March 16th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
This is where I'm so glad I live in Canada... free health care and it didn't cost me a dime for my doctor or my time at the hospital. I don't know how you guys do it!!! Good luck and I hope everything works out

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search