I think I'm pregnant and not sure what to do

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tygrss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 05:57 PM
I'm 16 and have a daughter who's nearly 2 months old. I chose with her to place her for adoption. I don't know if this is a sign that I get a chance to be a mom.... I have lost babies before this to adoption and abortion and I feel like useless. My bf I just started dating really we're really just friends tbh. We dated before. I don't know how my parents will react. I think my mom will kick me out. I don't know how to honestly approach this? My bf/bd always has wanted kids he's hardworking and I know we could do it but I don't know being so soon I know I want it. Any advice?
April 5th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Has your period even returned since you gave birth? While it is possible to get pregnant before your period returns, you aren't even supposed to have sex until 6-8 weeks after you give birth. Your body needs time to recover from a pregnancy. The best thing for you to do is take a pregnancy test. You could potentially get a false positive though, if your hormone levels haven't returned to normal yet (you may still have some hCG in your system, though I would guess it is unlikely). If you get a negative, I would strongly suggest visiting your doctor or a free clinic to get a prescription for some birth control. It sounds like you have had several bouts with pregnancy but that you are concerned with your current living/dating situation as well. Birth control may be a good option for you righ tnow.

February, 2005
August, 2005
April 5th, 2012, 01:59 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear that you're going through this.

Three thoughts:
(1) Go take a pregnancy test. If you can't afford a fancy one, then pick one up from The Dollar Tree or a similar store. They work just fine.

(2) You need to get yourself on birth control AND condoms (birth control to prevent pregnancy and condoms to prevent both pregnancy and STDs). You clearly don't want a child right now (at least, I assume not from reading your post), so I think that this would solve that problem.

(3) You've got to work on your self-esteem. I know that you don't want to hear it (no one ever does), but it really sounds like their is some depression or self-loathing going on (risky sexual behavior and saying that you feel worthless). Some free clinics offer free or reduced-cost counseling. It may be helpful to you.

I hope that helps. Good luck!
JennLynn_ likes this.

April 8th, 2012, 03:52 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry for what you are going through and I know it is hard as I have been in simular situations when I was younger but I agree with the other poster that you need some serious birth control asap! I know you don't want to go through this pain over and over again so the best way is to prevent it. I would recommend going to a place like planned parenthood were they will actually understand what you are going through and take the time to listen to all your pain. They can also give you free birth control. I would get something like an IUD so you don't have to worry about missing doses and becoming pregnant again. If you have been through this much already so young than I think getting some counseling and long term birth control is critical.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

April 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I agree with all of the above -- birth control options are widely available through Planned Parenthood at low cost so it is something you easily take control of on your own without parental support. If you are indeed pregnant, you should talk to someone about it -- if you feel like your mom will just kick you out, then choose a loved one who you know will be supportive or seek a counselor of some sort. The biggest thing to think about is how you feel about the adoption you experienced 2 months ago. Would you be open to doing it again or is this something that you can really see yourself handling on your own?

I am sorry for what you are going through as well and best of luck with everything!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search