So Confused....very torn about what to do....abortion??

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Hello~

I am a 34 yr old mom of 2. My oldest is a teenager and my youngest is 6. I just found out that I am pregnant again. I am married to a wonderful man. My husband is away out of the country until the end of May. I spoke to him and told him the news. I am very upset about this pregnacy, he says he's ok with it but I know he is not.

This pregnancy was 100% unplanned. I have chronic stress issues and I don't think I can emotionally and physically have another child. Our home is very small and we have no place for the baby. Also, I was just getting back to work. I finally found a job in the school where I can have the same hours as my kids and now that is out the window once the baby comes. I don't want to take anything away from my children because we made a mistake. I don't want to start over, I want to enjoy my kids!

I am at a point in my life where I am happy with what I have don't want more.

The thought of abortion is really sad to me but I feel that it is the only option. I would not be able to do adoption.

Is anyone else in my situation? If there is any advice about this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

Last edited by mom113; May 11th, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
May 11th, 2012, 07:42 AM
From the tone of your post, it seems as if you have already decided what to do. Only you can make this decision, but making it with the support of your husband is best.

Have you considered how excited your other children might actually be to have a baby around, to help out with the baby, to have someone else join their family? They will learn how to be responsible, and how to take care of an infant. Where you say you are dealing with stress - maybe having a teenager to babysit, and having the excitement and joy of a brand new baby will help you smile.

Certainly, you will be changing your lifestyle very much, as you know from having 2 children.

If you are dealing with stress already, I would suggest that you contact your therapist (or find one you are comfortable with immediately) so that you can work through all of your feelings in a healthy way.

Good luck with your decision.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search