What do you think? Is there chance I'm pregnant?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Hi Ladies...I am new to this site. I didn't want to ask anyone in my life, I think they may think I am careless.

My History:
I was diagnosed with PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) about 2 years ago. My doctor told me that when I decided to conceive, it might take help. But for me, it didnt matter because that was a far off idea for me. To keep my periods regular, I have been on birth control. I switched to a new pill about 7 months ago. I am very regular on bcp. The past 2 months I have been starting a day or two early and have had extremely light periods, always accompanied by some PMS symptoms.

My predicament you ask?
I'll admit I have gotten extremely sloppy with my bcp and often miss 2 to 3 days at a time. I always double up once I realize, and I usually realize because I start to cramp on the third day. I work full time and go to school full time, sometimes I forget if I have washed my hair so I wash it again for good measure busy kind of thing. In this cycle, my placebo pill was last wednesday. But still no period. I started the new pack just in case.

My boyfriend and I have intercourse approx 4-5 times a week and only rely on the bcp for contraception. I missed pills, I doubled down of course, during week 2 and 3. I actually missed 4 in week 3. I was in a car accident last monday, so I am thinking no period due to stress???

What are your thoughts? I took an old test (about 4 months old) a couple of days ago and it was negative. Do you think I could be pregnant? What should my next step be?
July 13th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Hi,
You could be pregnant. I would take another test. Then if it still says Negative. I would go to your Dr. to make sure everything is ok. I don't think your careless just busy. We have all been there. Hope this helps. GL.

Jade-Lynn 8/20/2008

M/C 4/10

TTC #2 Hoping for a Rainbow baby!!!!
July 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Anytime you miss your pill, you do increase your chances of getting pregnant. Heck, my mom got pregnant with me while on the pill, no days missed... so anything is possible! There are so many things that play a role in not getting your period... Each woman is different. I'd suggest taking another test, just to be on the safe side. Perhaps see your doctor, just to get peice of mind.
July 16th, 2012, 03:43 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As others said, take a test as not taking your bcpills correctly can decrease the effectiveness but your missed period could have been just because of the PCOS and/or missing so many pills and the hormones not guiding your body to keep you regular
July 17th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should check with your Dr but most pill packs say that if you miss 3 or more pills to start a new pack and to use a condom/back up method of birth control for the first 7 days.

July 19th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks Ladies. I started cramping really badly two days after I posted my original question, like thought I started out of no where one night but woke up the next morning and nothing, cramps gone. I spotted this morning but so far still nothing. If I don't get a period on this next cycle of pills, I will definitely call my doctor.

Glo thank you so much for your kind words. LuvRBx5 I hadn't thought of that! I feel much better about the missed period. I am not as worried as I was when I first posted. Thank you all again!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search