Part of the 1%

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Run_Kat_Run's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Run_Kat_Run
I've only been dating my boyfriend for three and a half months. I'm unemployed, barely a student, on disability, and hadn't planned on having children until I was married and healthy... Thus my use of birth control pills, used perfectly and never forgotten, since I'm on several time-sensitive medications and had an alarm to remind me every day.

So hoooow in the heck did I still manage to become pregnant still? It's beyond me, but I'm oddly at peace with it. I feel like things happen for a reason, and everything will work out in the end. In fact, my mom conceived me while on BC pills.

So here's the question -- how many of you became pregnant while on BC, and how long did it take you to realize that you were?
July 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just lurking around and saw this, I got pregnant in 2006 while on Tricyclen Lo. It was just before starting my 4th pack when I realize I hadn't had my offf week period. Got a test, didn't even tell anyone, really didn't expect it to be positive, just wanted to rule it out before I started my next pack.. Barely finished peeing on it and it was blazingly positive.

For me, I feel it happened because she is meant to be here with me and 5 years later I wouldn't ever trade her for anything. Named her Rachel and I tell her all the time she is my "Rae" of sunshine It took me a couple days to come to terms with it, wasn't a good time for a new baby but, having had 2 kids before her, I knew that this time next year when she is here and only a couple months old I would already not be able to imagine my life without her..

Good luck!!
July 15th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Oh hunny I'm part of that 1% I took my BC religiously. Mainly bc I am in the middle of a divorce and we are allowed to see other ppl... well I was seeing someone and I'm pretty sure he had super sperm bc... here I am 5 weeks pregnant with his kiddo... I am at peace with it now but when I found out... I literally cried for 2 days straight... but EVERYTHING does happen for a reason and life goes on...
July 15th, 2012, 11:33 PM
LilBecca's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyat22 View Post
Oh hunny I'm part of that 1% I took my BC religiously. Mainly bc I am in the middle of a divorce and we are allowed to see other ppl... well I was seeing someone and I'm pretty sure he had super sperm bc... here I am 5 weeks pregnant with his kiddo.
Yea I'm in the same EXACT boat! Been dating my guy for only a month and here I am 4 weeks pregnant.

And I too am part of that one percent.

July 16th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Run_Kat_Run's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Run_Kat_Run
Lots of us in the same area. I'm just glad that I noticed the off week wasn't happening. Actually, I caught it so fast, I think that my boyfriend suspects that I did it on purpose. \:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search