Kinda New... Kinda Not

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyndsey2013

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2012, 11:43 PM
LilBecca's Avatar Veteran
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Becca and I was actaully a member of the Jan. 2012 DDC. I never did join the playroom once my son was born because lets face it, having a kid takes alot of time lol. Anyhow, I just found out tonight that I am pregnant again. Only problem, my DH and I are seperated and in the middle of a divorce, SO this is my boyfriends child. The kicker, we have only been together for a month, and I was on the pill. I have absolutely NO idea how to tell him, or anyone for that matter. Just wondering if anyone had any input?

July 22nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Congratulations on your BFP! Although not in the middle of a divorce, I got my BFP after only 4 months of dating. I will tell you the truth: I took the 'easy' way out to tell him. For some reason, even though I wanted to just tell him out loud, I couldn't find the right words. I had taken a picture of the positive test, and the next time I was at his place, I sent him the photo while he was in the bathroom. That way I didn't have to see his reaction but still knew we would be able to talk about things in person. At first he thought I was joking, but then realized I was serious. A few days later I took a test at his house just so he 'knew'.

My SO and I are 17 weeks and have not told his ex-wife (they separated and divorced in 2010) about the baby yet. We are telling his 3 kids after we find out the gender next month. Obviously once the kids know they are getting a new brother/sister, she will also find out. Although you and your ex have not finalized your divorce, I don't know that it is his business knowing that you are pregnant unless it could possibly be his child. People will be judgmental about you having a new baby so soon regardless of how long you wait to tell them or finish your paperwork to finalize the divorce, so I don't know if you necessarily have to rush any of that.

You have a lot of options right now. Assuming you tell your boyfriend, your next steps depend on his reaction. If he wants to stay with you, then it might be a good idea to let your family get to know him as soon as possible. My family has only met my SO twice, but they have still reacted better than I ever thought possible. If your boyfriend walks out, then you will have to decide what kind of planning needs to be done as a single mother. Since you already have a kid, I'm guessing the boyfriend won't walk out, but he will probably need a few days to process the fact that you're now having a child together.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you keep us posted.
Kate76 likes this.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
July 23rd, 2012, 12:56 AM
Regular
Lyndsey said it all better than I could have. Hope you come back and let us know how you're doing.
July 24th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Baby Boy Coming in March!
How did things go Becca? Interested to hear your update! Hopefully everything is going smoothly for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search