Could I be pregnant?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Let me start by introducing myself, I'm Steph I'm 23 years old and am working full time until I can afford to go back to college in a couple years. I live with and am dating my soulmate and we intend on getting married in the next couple years. We both have stable jobs, and if necessary would be able to care for a child.

Okay, down to the details. I take Tri-cyclen Lo, I'm on the 21 pill pack, so I don't have placebos. My last period ended on July 6, we had sex on July 3rd without a condom and without using the pull-out method. We had sex again, same circumstances on July 8 and 18, We also had sex on July 17 and he pulled out. I worked last night (July 18) and for the rest of that day after sex I had lower abdominal cramps (not painful) and for the past few days I've had some mild stomach upset, nothing major just a bit sick feeling and today I noticed my nipples are a wee bit tender. I should be getting my period again between the 28th of July and the 3rd of August.

So here I am, waiting to test or get my period. So I guess, could I be pregnant despite the fact that i'm on a bcp, which while I take it every day, I do not take it at the same time ever.

Last edited by heytherestephy; July 19th, 2012 at 12:23 PM.
July 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
They say only abstinence is 100% effective at preventing pregnancy, so I suppose it is possible. You will have to wait for a pregnancy test to know for sure. If you suspect you might be pregnant, there is no harm in starting to take prenatal vitamins 'just in case'.

From personal experience, the month before I got my BFP I was sure I had all sorts of pregnancy symptoms and knew we had sex around a possible ovulation date. AF came, albeit 7 days late. The month of my BFP, all my symptoms pointed to AF arriving as scheduled except that I was a little more tired than usual (but also working 70-80 hours per week). Just to ease my mind, I took a pregnancy test when AF was a day late. I was totally shocked when it came up positive.

Moral of the story: symptoms don't necessarily mean much, but pregnancy tests are pretty clear. Good luck during your TWW (two week wait).

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search