Just found out... Advice?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2012, 01:01 AM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
Weird situation! So where to start?
3 days ago found out i was pregnant rather unexpectedly... I have always struggled with bouts of amenoreah, so missing a period or 2 is no big deal for me... I was actually going to call my gyno to schedule an appointment to figure out why because i have been more irregular than usual lately, wont have periods then i will bleed for well over a week, then a normal then skip so on and so forth, well i decided that i don't want to be that moron that goes in complaining of not having a period to find out that i am pregnant so i took a test and BAM! Positive instantly (and here i was expecting to skoff at a negative result toss it in the trash and obstanately call my DR haha) Anyways... I have miscarried in the past so i have decided not to tell anyone at the moment. I would love to tell my boyfriend, but unfortunately he is somewhere in the Gulf of AK fishing and is unreachable, but i am also wondering if i should wait to tell him until i go to the DR and find out if everything is ok. I would hate to freak him out just to lose the pregnancy, his job is dangerous enough without being thrown for a loop suddenly another thing is about 3 weeks ago, (im assuming is the only possible time of conception) he came home for about a week and a half and we had a conversation basically deciding that we should wait to try and have children (what great timing!) Hoping he will take the news ok, racking my brain about a good way to tell him especially since it will unfortunately have to be over the phone.... lol "hey honey you know that conversation about us not having kids for a few years? funny story"

Now whats physically ailing me,
i have a pretty consistant achy crampy feeling in my pelvis which i guess is normal, but if i make any sudden twisting movements to the left (like getting out of my car in a hurry) i get a sharp pain on the far right side i am assuming it is far too early to experience "round ligament pain" I am nervous about possible ectopic? Or am i just being a cloud of doom and simply learning the hard way the new limitations of my body? My 1st appointment isn't until the 16th

Anyhow sorry for the long rant but i just feel kinda lost and lonely since i haven't told anyone, i just know my old man has to be #1 to know. But any advise would be greatly appreciated
August 3rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am (obviously) pregnant. This was definitely a surprise! We had the talk about kids before (we are not married/engaged) and he did not want kids. I finally came to the realization that it wouldn't happen. We dated on/off about two years (mostly on) until I moved in with him. Moving in made me realize I would rather be happy with him and no children than be miserable without and know I have the possibility of having kids. So I chose happiness. He decided he would just end up as the crazy uncle that smokes, drinks, and never settled down. HA HA. Well, two weeks after I move in, BAM, Prego! I had fertility issues so I never thought it would happen.

I had a prego test done at the docs office only because I was sure I had ovulated but I didn't bleed. I thought maybe I hadn't ovulated after all-I couldn't get prego, right? WRONG.

I went out and bought a cute onsie with some booties and mittens and brought it home as a present for him, saying it was because he let me move in and hasn't complained about the mess.

(Mind you, his ex of 10 or so years prior had an abortion with him, and his ex before me constantly had "miscarriages"-although she was a compulsive liar and I HATE saying that but she liked to mess with him so I wasn't sure how he'd really take the news.)

He opened the present, asked if I was prego, then started to...laugh uncontrollably. LOL! He was really happy and excited! He still is ecstatic about it, picking out clothes and everything.

I told you all that so you can have positive hope.

AND I didn't stop have bad period cramps until I was about 14 weeks. I thought I was going to miscarry because they would hurt, and I felt the twinges in my side too like I was ovulating again. I thought it must have been ectopic! So don't stress, it's all probably growing pains. You can wait to tell him when he gets back or you could do it on the phone, up to you. Good luck with everything and best of luck with your pregnancy. Make sure you schedule your first OB appointment soon if you haven't yet!

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

August 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Baby Boy Coming in March!
When is he coming home? If it were me, with your history of having had miscarriages I would probably just wait until after the first doc appointment and then tell him in person if you're able. (Not sure how long he's gone for as you didn't really say..) I'm sure it'll go okay! Hang in there and just try to get through the next couple weeks.

August 3rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
I wish i could tell him in person, but i think that would upset him that i waited so long he probably won't be home until sometime in September . Its an odd conversation to have over the phone but i guess there isn't much of an option at this point, even if he gets upset at 1st i know he will come around... Lol and here he thought his little guys don't swim (he's 33 and has never gotten anyone pregnant) Writer chick, that is awesome that your man is so stoked about it! I am sure mine will be too but that nervousness and doubt just seems to be getting the best of me at the moment, but i guess thats what happens in a situation like this

I do have another question though, i took another test this morning just out of curiosity, and the positive came up but just faintly not bold like it was before. I did wake up about 6:30 this morning and pissed like a race horse and the test i took was about 10 (i had fallen asleep again) is that normal for the hormones to vary like that?
September 3rd, 2012, 06:22 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
update??

September 3rd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
If you have a history of M/C and are having cramping that you're concerned about, I would call your doctor and try to get in sooner.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

September 10th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Update:
lol sorry i haven't been on here lately :/ but anyways, i told my man and it came to a bit of a shock to him, and he didn't take it that well for awhile. He strongly urged to me to get an abortion because he wasn't ready, but i don't believe in that and stuck to my guns and he has come around quite nicely He is excited about the baby, is trying to think of names already (i am about 11 weeks today) and is really hoping that the baby is born on his birthday.
Other than that i had a good scare a little over a week ago, the placenta separated from my uterus partially and caused me to hemorage badly but the baby is ok, and they don't expect any problems so that is a real relief. I have an appointment with my OB-GYN tomarrow to see how the mini is progressing and my boyfriend should be home for the winter and i will be able to see him for the 1st time since we concieved really excited!
September 10th, 2012, 05:46 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
glad everything turned out well. hope your baby is growing healthy and strong!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search