help with question?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 11:43 AM
So I missed my first pill of bc of New pack. 2nd day I got the flu and took it at midnight had been puking don't know if I threw it up. Ive been on the pill for years but worried about pregnancy. How likely is it?
August 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
gosh, i have no idea. wishing you the best, though.

~~terre~~
August 16th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I can see people are viewing my question but not answering idk if its because you guys have no answer.. but someone please give some advice. I just ended my period so its gonna be a long wait to see if I miss it.
August 16th, 2012, 05:03 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not very likely at all that you could get pregnant if you just ended your period. Most women ovulate about two weeks after their period, although there are variations on that theme. If you just miss one, I don't think you have to use backup, but if you miss two, they say to use a backup protection (such as a condom) for one week after that (while you continue to take your pills as normal). GL!
August 16th, 2012, 05:13 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Missing one pill doesn't increase your chances much or any at all. With that said, even taking them all correctly can result in pregnancy, not likely though..

Good luck
August 16th, 2012, 05:48 PM
mom2brittnchris's Avatar TTC#3
I agree, since you just had your period you should be ok. I would make sure to use backup protection for a week or more if you are not trying to get pregnant just in case.
August 17th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, most pill packs tell you that if you miss a dose that you should take it as soon as you remember regardless of how close your next dose is. Take your next dose on time.You should consider the pill missed if you vomited within 2 hours of taking it. If you miss 3 or more pills discontinue the pack and start a new one. Be sure to use a back up method of birth control for the first 7 days.

If you ever have questions about your birth control you should know that you can contact your Dr and/or your pharmacy and they will answer any questions you may have.

August 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. I know ita horrible but I missed another pill last week! I have been so tired and fell asleep before taking it. i had a weird cramp on my lower left side too. Period is due sept 7th so its all waiting now. Isk if i should still take the bc pack.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search