I am 21 and pregnant...help

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Hi, I just found out that I am pregnant, I haven't told my boyfriend yet. I am waiting for him to get home from work. I am freaking out. I don't know how I am going to be able to tell my mom oh my god.
I would not abort it, I live with my boyfriend and we have been together for two years, I love him so much and I do want kids with him eventually but holy s**t this is a huge problem, I have a year left in college and he is a little further behind but how am I going to be able to pull this off? I feel like I wont be able to handle everything that comes with having a baby, Jordan is wonderful and he helps me with everything I need but I'm honestly terrified.
September 18th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Having a baby is never easy, no matter your circumstance.

Talk to your boyfriend. Talk to your parents. Talk to your school about daycare options, maybe limiting your hours / going part time.

Make sure you go to the doctor to have the pregnancy confirmed and find out how far along you are.

First thing is to have a plan. You can do it, 21 you are young but not that young
September 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Regular
Really no advice, but you will find a way to make things work if you really want to. A baby is so precious and once the shock wears off, you will be so excited. Just take things one day at time and find ways to make it work.
September 19th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Ok, so I told my boyfriend and after freaking out for like ten minutes and smoking a cigarette he got strangely really excited, he started talking about all the stages of pregnancy and setting up a nursery and it really made me happy.
I still havent told my mom yet, I'm so nervous, we have a great relationship but she has really high expectations of me and I don't want to disappoint her.
I know I will love being a mother, I am already a mom to four cats and I cherish every second with them.
I have always wanted to have kids and I have a lot of experience with them, but I am so terrified to have my own, I don't want to screw it up.
September 19th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone screws up! It's normal.
September 21st, 2012, 08:34 AM
Veteran
i got pregnant with my first right before i turned 18. was a junior in highschool& on bed rest for a total of 4 1/2 months with her & then she had some small medical issues. (did finish thanks to my mom who switched to night shift at her work so i could stay in highschool full time) didnt tell her father was pregnant right away because i was so freaked out + he wasnt the most supportive person.... at first was really hard to accept but after a little I figured that how many other people did it I can too... he eventually came around to a point& we got married. my parents looked like they were going to have a stroke at first however they were supportive. things between her father and i were not good when i found out about pregnant with my second (was 20 and got seperated then. he fought a divorce for 1 1/2 years). wanted to leave but had no where to go... parents said could stay there moved in and helped me in so many ways till i moved out 2 years later. so at 23 I am pregnant with my third child and have 3 step daughters that live with my fiancee and I. stay positive even if things are stressfull/frightening, you have support from someone .Once you hold the little one/even hear the heart you would do anything for that child you can draw so much strength from them,their unconditional love and faith that everything is okay(one of my favorite things is a childs faith in the world) if things are difficult or had a really rough day look at the child (or tummy) and remember it will be worth it. oh and you just do the best you can do.
October 24th, 2012, 10:20 PM
carissaluis's Avatar Veteran
Talk to him about it. He deserves to know that. Communication is the best way to lessen your worries. Being stressed is not doing any good for the baby.

What ever path you will thank, I wish you all the best. <3
November 1st, 2012, 10:00 AM
Veteran
I was 20 when I became pregnant. And like pps say, everything starts with a talk and begins with planning. I know it must be so hard with your current status but you can pull that off. Talk to your BF; he sure will be happy for the good news! Good luck!

Tags
21 and pregnant , help!! , telling my boyfriend , telling my mom , unplanned

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search