im only 16

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By babydreams0809
  • 1 Post By Purrrrrrr
  • 1 Post By Juju2012

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 08:44 AM
i got a positive test a few days ago i have no idea when i got preg. the lines were very dark and i am so scared. my parents are very conservative, and pro life. i am so depressed. i dont even know what to do about this or where to start. my bf is a sr and i'm only a soph. my mom thinks i have the flu and let me stay home cuz i was puking. i am so sad
November 8th, 2012, 10:07 AM
babydreams0809's Avatar Veteran
You should talk to your parents. They will be able to help you get the help you need. It will be so much easier in the long run if you tell them now. They love you. They might be mad for a while, but they love you. Talk to them.
November 8th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
You're going to have to go in to an OBGYN's office or Planned Parenthood to find out roughly how far along you are.

What do you want to do about your pregnancy? If you're pro-life like your parents, then why not choose adoption. Since you're early, you could get hooked up with couple who will be there every step of the way through your pregnancy to help you.

If you're pro-choice and are thinking about termination, the only thing I can say is make sure you're 100% okay with the idea. I terminated a pregnancy once and am completely sure, just like I was at the time, that it was the right decision. You can PM me if you want and I'll give you the details.

If you choose adoption or to keep the baby, you need to tell your parents and your boyfriend right now. Yeah, your parents are gonna be mad. They may yell. But I'll tell you why they're gonna be mad... because they love you so much and have invested their hearts in your life and they only want the best for you, so bear that in mind and see it from their perspective.
Rebelmommy likes this.

My Boring Blog
November 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
can you even remember about when you last had a period? that could help date it for you a little easier. otherwise you probably will get an u/s to see how far along you are.

as a grandma, i hope you will tell your parents. as the others have said, they will be upset but no one loves you like they do. having been a single mom not once, but twice, i know how fearful you are. but really, your mom can help you a lot. and they will get over it.

i hope you choose adoption -- there are so many people waiting for a baby (even on JM). it would be such a gift for all involved. but whatever you DO decide, be positive of that choice. it's not like you can change your mind later, if you think you decided the wrong way. you have to be sure.

get informed on what is going on with your body, seek counsel and pray for guidance, if you have a faith/belief system in your life. i hope you can figure it all out and wish you well. write us back and tell us what you decided.

~~terre~~
November 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
You really should tell your parents and BF, the sooner the better. They are more than likely going to freak (both your parents and BF) but that is normal, remember that they are just as scared, and upset as you are... but if you all know then you can all work together to find a solution that works for everyone. Your parents won't stop loving you, they may be angry and/or disappointed at first but that does not mean that they don't love you Best of luck!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

November 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Veteran
As hard as it is I woul tell your mom so she can help you throught this and I am only 21 and found out last week I was pregnant and 1st told my bf and then my mom and after she got through being upset she has been the biggest help I could ask for yes she may be upset but she will help you

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

November 11th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Have you considered adoption?
November 13th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Veteran
The first and right step to do is to talk to your parents. They are experienced and know what to do, and they are the only ones who will accept and understand you no matter what.
November 13th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Talk to your boyfriend and your parents, they will help you with what ever you decide to do and maybe even help you decide.

Your parents will be upset but they won't ever stop loving you.
November 13th, 2012, 08:27 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
first and foremost, start a prenatal vitamin and make an OB appointment.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
November 14th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Veteran
tell your parents early. they will be sad as well if they learn about it later. They might get mad at first but but you have to accept the consequences of your actions. This will also be a lesson for you so next time try to have protected sex, ok hun? and try to chart your period, make it a habit! anyway if you get an ultrasound soon they might know the age of the fetus...Goodluck and have faith. It's not the end of the world...
November 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Juju2012
I was pregnant with my first at 17..... So I completely understand your fears. My mom and the father and his family where helpful my mom was the most supportive my dad was very upset and didn't even want to talk to me but after I had her both my parents were such big help. They watched my baby and took of her so that I can finish high school. It's better you talk to them now and you also won't have that stress and fear and can concentrate on what's best for you and your baby. Good luck
steph_werner likes this.
November 25th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I was a teenage mother as well. I know exactly what your going through. I was on my way to college when I found out. My parents (who are divorced) were my biggest support
system. You have to get your parents involved no matter what you decide.
December 6th, 2012, 07:50 AM
How are you doing? Have you been able to talk with your parents?
December 10th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I was pregnant at 17. You take it one day at a time. Three sets of my friends' parents stepped up and told me that they went through the same situation. Every one of them was very successful, loving parents who changed their lives for the better. Keep telling yourself that 5 years from now your life will be exactly what you want it to be! For me, exactly what I wanted was to be married, working, living on our own raising our children and it was!
December 12th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Veteran
Any update for the post starter? Hoping things are well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search