Selfish?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SJane

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy. Quite excited and extremely nervous.
In my relationship for four years with my ex we never worried about pregnancy. We both are full into our schooling and emerging careers. After we ended our relationship I found myself a year later in a new relationship with someone so completely oppisite of myself. And I denied the fact I was pregnant pretty much my whole first trimester. After slowly accepting my new life the "suppose" to be father continues to act so immature and inconsiderate of anything. I have a job and school that I will eventually place on hold. But he contines to think.of himself and his fun. Lately we have only communicated thru simple text, but I refuse to see him. And this evening is says "for me to never text him or bother him again" in a selfish way I dont mind. Id rather began my life with my.child without him now then to wait later on when my child is born. Is that to selfish of me? Am I doing the right thing by letting go? Or is it giving up to easily?
This isnt the first time hes done this move. Its been a few.times prior to tonight and each time he comes back a week later and acts as if nothing was ever wrong.
Is it time I really do become selfish and move forward?

Please... Help and comments are in need...
Thank you
November 20th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Veteran
I think what you are doing is not being selfish. -- he is the selfish one! You're right, what you have to do is to move forward as being with that immature and irresponsible prick will just cause you headaches and stress which are not good for the baby inside you. Be strong from now on -- at least for your baby.
Purrrrrrr likes this.
November 21st, 2012, 04:59 AM
Veteran
You are just doin the right thing of not clinging to your man. if he values you, he would take care of you. Maybe in your absence he would realize your worth so go ahead and be independnt from him. In time he would realize his mistakes. It seems he still need space to grow so don't stress yourself too much. He would come to you in time...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search