Please help....

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By momto3brazils
  • 1 Post By Hunnyb2fly
  • 1 Post By ElliotsMommy13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I'm in a situation I never thought possible. This post might be long…please forgive me.
I’ve been unhappily married to a verbally abusive man for almost 11 years…we’ve been together since I was 15. I followed the path laid out for me….I was raised in dire poverty, by a single mom, with my sister. She was unwed and raised us alone…I thought my husband was the ticket out of the unstable environment in which I was raised. It was, but it came with a price. Of course at the time I didn’t realize I deserved any better so I stayed…I started therapy last year, and I finally realize that I don’t deserve to be treated the way I’ve been in the past. I left my husband 6 weeks ago. I found out yesterday I am pregnant. Now, to put this in to perspective, the entire time I was married we never used any form of BC. I went to the Dr. about 6 months ago for my routine physical and there were abnormalities in my blood work. I was referred to an endocrinologist….to make a long story short, I have moderate to severe PCOS (I’ve had 3 periods in the last 2 1/2 years) and that if I wanted to get pregnant in the future I would at the least need Clomid, more likely, IVF. I left believing him….
I don’t know what to do…on the one hand, I feel like this is my only chance for a baby. On the other hand it seems incredibly selfish to have it, with the horrible situation. I know firsthand what it is like to grow up without. I swore I would never have kids like that…that is why I’ve never pursed getting pregnant in the past (Clomid etc.)….I knew that my husband and I were so dysfunctional and I would never want a child brought up like that. I’m afraid that if I don’t have this baby now I never will….but is that a good enough reason so inflict this heinous start on a child? It seems so selfish. I only work part time, and have been looking for a full time job for over two years. Where I live, jobs are just so scarce. Also, being bound to an abusive man forever makes me heartsick. Missing out on perhaps my only chance to have a baby makes me heartsick. I don’t know what the right thing to do is.
Being raised without a father or in my case a revolving door of men, has had a profoundly negative effect on my life. How could I subject any child to that?
But I will be 33 in January…how much longer do I really have? I need to complete my divorce, heal, and then possibly meet someone….even without my medical past, it would be difficult at best.
I’m so alone, I don’t know where else to turn. Thank you for any insight.
November 27th, 2012, 09:22 AM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
if you want this baby then all that the baby requires from you is a safe and loving home you don't need two parents for that, just one good one.
Lyndsey2013 and HelpMe86 like this.

November 27th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Keep your baby as long as ur a good mother who cares if the fathers around. Ańd u never know what the future holds, one day u may find a great guy who would love you and ur child unconditionally. Not that u need a man, just saying anythings possible. If u were told pregnancy would be pretty hard then I would look at this as a blessing, a miracle, do u really wanna get rid of ur gift just because it won't have the ideal father?
Good luck to you i hope u do what u feel is right
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
November 29th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
good luck to you, whatever your decision. if i were you i would absolutely have the baby, divorce the guy and move on.

~~terre~~
December 5th, 2012, 12:08 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you want the baby, I'd say just have it.. I was married for two years with PCOS, no birth control. I left him early this summer. Since then, I have made one mistake and slept with a man about 4 weeks ago. It was a one time thing. I never thought I would get pregnant. Today I found out I am pregnant and the guy wants nothing to do with me. I decided today I am going to do it myself.. so, you are not alone. We can do this together.
HelpMe86 likes this.
December 6th, 2012, 07:33 AM
You can do this, having your baby and raising it and loving it. I hope things are working out or you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search