What should I do?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2012, 01:57 AM
I have just found out I am pregnant for the 3rd time. My first pregnancy was when I was 18 and I knew straight away that I could have it. After my termination I regretted it deeply, so when I found out I was pregnant again I knew I was having him. My son is now 19 months and i couldn't be happier but am now stuck with another decision. My partner (the same through all three pregnancies) and I have always had a passionate relationship and made me realize we are not ready for another child but he has always supported my decisions.
Since I have already regretted my first termination I can not see myself doing that but also know I can not financially support another child. I also have just started studying again and entering a new career path so this could not have happened at a worse time.
If anyone has any advice or is in or has been in a similar position please help me out.
November 30th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the May DDC and was just browsing through other parts of JM...

Since you feel unprepared to have another child and don't want to terminate (understandably), I guess the obvious question is, what are your thoughts on adoption?

And to be clear... what exactly are your partner's feelings about having another child?
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
December 1st, 2012, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't know where to start with adoption. The thought of carrying a baby and making that connection then give them away, seems like a harder decision then my immediate decision. In saying that I do not personally know anyone that has been adopted or has adopted a child. I know of people who have whangai (unofficial adoption in my culture) where they have family raise their child. So I do not know the positives or negatives to going through that.
As for my partner, I know he would rather not go through with having this baby but has said it is totally up to me which does not help me make up my mind. I have a scan tomorrow to see how far along I am and I'm hoping this will make my decision easier.
December 1st, 2012, 06:40 PM
I would love to talk to you about Adoption. Please private message me and maybe we can talk. Adoption allows a family that want their own baby and cannot have one on their own to love and cherish your unborn baby. You would be blessing a family. Please private message me, I would love to talk to you.
December 6th, 2012, 04:27 AM
how do i do that?
private message you that is?
December 6th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Not sure how to private message. I would be happy for you to email me if you would like? Just let me know. Hope to hear from you soon.

My email is yauyau07@yahoo.com. Would be happy to hear from you.
December 10th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Have you decided what to do? I will 100% support adoption, but know that there are many options. Have you considered extra income to keep your baby?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search