Pull and pray? Precum and sperm?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By MrsHoot
  • 2 Post By mamalamb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2012, 10:14 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH AND I HAVE 4 KIDS...the older 2 are from a previous marriage. He was content with the two but knew I had to have by own kids. He does not want anymore children and I STRONGLY do.......this has been my biggest desire since I was a child and it devastates me to think it could be over. I'm almost only 30 and he is 43. We are currently using the withdrawal method. He would get a vasectomy but I've asked him not to.

We have been using it for 8 months successfully and he has used it with an ex for quite some time successfully which leads me to believe he really does have his timing perfect. Not to mention I can tell and see he pulls out with plenty of time. This leads me to the question of whether or not there is sperm in pre-cum. I have heard various things. Pre-cum is produced in the Cowper's glands which does not contain sperm but supposedly there can be sperm left over from previous ejaculations. Most of the time urine kills this but not always. DH and I never DTD more than every other day so he clearly pees frequently and prob kills off all the sperm.

So, that being said does pre-cum in OUR SITUATION, have sperm do you think? I have faith in GOD and know that whatever his will is, will be but for now I am left wondering just how likely this all is given his past success, his age, my age, our past, our frequency of DTD, and given he has perfect timing............

We never DTD more than every other day so he pees frequently in between and we never go back to back sorry TMI...........he really does have his timing perfect and we have been successful with it for 8 months and he has been successfully with it since he was young.

I know with GOD anything is possible but I'm wondering what the deal is with all this. Thanks!!!! I hear so many contradicting things.....

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
December 8th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What Is Precum?

Yes, precum usually has a small amount of sperm inside of it. Precum and sperm all come from the same place and there is no clear end or start of either. It's much like fore and hind breastmilk. While they are distinct things there is always some hind in fore and fore in hind. It's the amount of either that determines which it is.

Withdraw has a very high rate of failure especially if you are not counting the days in your cycle or tracking your ovulation. Every other day is usually a pretty good set-up for trying to get pregnant because the sperm count will be very high at each encounter versus having frequent sex every day (making to more likely that there will be a substantial amount of living sperm in the precum).

It sounds like to me that you're trying to stack the deck against your husband and are trying to get pregnant. I would encourage you to have a VERY thorough heart to heart discussion with your husband about having more children. Because he's not insisting on condoms or really any reliable form of birth control and allowed you to talk him out of a vasectomy I think you might have good odds at winning that battle. So, get talking to him and start having fun making a baby on purpose
missy123 and jeweluv like this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Last edited by MerinSun; December 8th, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
December 10th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Got pregnant 2ce using the pull and pray method on an every other day schedule.
December 10th, 2012, 06:15 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Also have an awesome pull out timer. We have used the pull out method for over a year and I'm not knocked up, mch to my dismay. ~ he pulls and I pray for another baby. Seems more successful for some reason! He got me pregnant the first month we tried for our son Sawyer.
44wannabe likes this.

December 11th, 2012, 01:52 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, have repeatedly talked to dh and he said maybe in the future we will revisit this convo which I'm okay with bc if it was up to me I would want to plan another baby in a few years.

Perhaps some men, given they all have perfect timing, are more prone to have sperm than others in precum

What do you think? Do you think some men have more of a likelihood to have sperm or mobile sperm in their precum then others. I got preg first try with both my girls too and here I am, after a year of pull and pray every other day...perfect timing...no baby....and dh has done this method with others with no failure.

Yeah, he does not want to wear condoms and is okay with this method....

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
March 25th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I really think its about how well the man can control himself,like pulling out before he cums. To were others cum to fast to pull out in time.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

March 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I got pregnant on the pull out method with my second. After doing much research, I found out that precum does not contain sperm. But if he previously ejaculated earlier in the day then sperm can be left in the urethra.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FlowerChildAcc
March 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I got pregnant on the pull out method with my second. After doing much research, I found out that precum does not contain sperm. But if he previously ejaculated earlier in the day then sperm can be left in the urethra.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FlowerChildAcc
March 26th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I also got pregnant from the pull out method. I just think he didn't pull out fast enough.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

March 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Currently 20 weeks pregnant with a pull n pray baby!

We had used pnp almost exclusively for almost TEN YEARS with no oops! He is perfect at timing and this time was no different, he pulled out in plenty of time....but here we are LOL
missy123 and 44wannabe like this.

April 19th, 2013, 09:59 AM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Mine has perfect timing too and we just found out we're expecting. Neither of us can figure out how this happened

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search