Unsure of what to do.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TeeCee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Yesterday I went to the doctor and was told I was 7 weeks pregnant. I'm 21 and in my senior year of college. The father and I are not actually in a relationship but he doesn't want any more kids (he has a son). He wants me to get an abortion. I'm not sure if I should keep the baby or not. I want to, but it's complicated. My ex boyfriend and I are still talking and he doesn't know I had sex with another guy, who I'm now pregnant by. Idk what to do. I really need advice.
December 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats all up to you. If you want it, dont let anyone push you into an abortion. Even if you just want to give it up for adoption if you decide it is too much later on. I have had tons of friends who still cry always thinking what would have been. There are open adoptions where you can stay in communication. I decided to go ahead with my pregnancy alone. I have college debt, a car payment, and only a seasonal job for now. I told my mom and she even offered to be a free babysitter. Im due August 3rd. I hope you make whatever decision is best for you, though.. don't let others tell you different.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
December 11th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Veteran
This is all up to you honestly I am 21 and 9 weeks pregnant I am a full time student 3 semesters from graduating my BF and I have only been together 6 months he let me make the choice and I will say this you have 3 realistic options raising your child, adopting your child out, or having an abortion. You need to do what is best for you and your child if you want someone to talk to feel free to pm me

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

December 12th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the advice. This is gonna be the hardest decision in my life thus far. I still haven't made up my mind.
December 12th, 2012, 06:49 AM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are in this situation. Honestly, no one can make this decision for you. You are the one that has to live with whatever decision you make, so it's only you that can/should make it. Are you able to talk to anyone? A counsellor? Therapist? They might help you get your thoughts straight.

Good luck sweetie. xo
December 12th, 2012, 07:09 AM
What did you decide Indecisive13? I am also in a position where I am trying to decide what to do. I am five weeks and my bf is a little unreliable, although we have been together for five years I am scared that he would not pull himself together and "man up" enough to do this with me. Not to say that he wouldn't want to but although he is 28, he is still very young in his head.

It is nice (for me at least) to speak to someone in the same position...
December 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am in a slightly same position.
But I chose to keep my child. I am 18 weeks pregnant now.

Im one semester away from my nursing degree. I wasnt planning on kids till later in life. I got pregnant while between relationships. The father of my child doesnt want anything to do with the baby, but his ideas dont matter. Us women carry the child. We raise them from the start to the end. I had many thoughts on ending my pregnancy, only cause I felt I was being pushed to it with the rejection of the father... And my ex and I were in communication still. But I looked deep down, heard my babys heartbeat at my appointmrnt and just knew I could love a child with or without a father. So I kept my baby. I admitted my wrongs to my ex, although we arent together hes one of my biggest support. Even buying me my cravings. Lol

Listen to urself, not to the guy who immediatly thinks to terminate the pregnancy.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
December 12th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
I am in a slightly same position.
But I chose to keep my child. I am 18 weeks pregnant now.

Im one semester away from my nursing degree. I wasnt planning on kids till later in life. I got pregnant while between relationships. The father of my child doesnt want anything to do with the baby, but his ideas dont matter. Us women carry the child. We raise them from the start to the end. I had many thoughts on ending my pregnancy, only cause I felt I was being pushed to it with the rejection of the father... And my ex and I were in communication still. But I looked deep down, heard my babys heartbeat at my appointmrnt and just knew I could love a child with or without a father. So I kept my baby. I admitted my wrongs to my ex, although we arent together hes one of my biggest support. Even buying me my cravings. Lol

Listen to urself, not to the guy who immediatly thinks to terminate the pregnancy.
Congratulations and good luck. Your story is really inspirational. I still haven't told my ex...so afraid of how he'll react. The thought of getting rid of my baby makes me cry. I'm worried about the financial part. Currently, I'm unemployed, just a full-time student.
December 12th, 2012, 06:21 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i encourage you to go to a pregnancy crisis center (not just planned parenthood - they are pro-abortion) and get counseled on your options. having walked in your shoes, i know its possible to survive the pregnancy and raise your child. you just need to figure it out for yourself and trust yourself. God bless you.

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search