Some signs are showing.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Regular
Alright.. i googled for a forum on pregnancy and found this wonderful forum. I don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but i figure it wouldn't hurt.

So, i'm only 19, and i'm a freshman in college. My boyfriend and i have been together for 10 months, and we are very serious. We already plan on getting married in the future, most likely when we are both out of college.

I'm on birth control, (ortho-tricylcine low) and we always use condoms, but last month i was pretty bad about taking my birth control, and even though i had a period after that month, my mom told me she thinks i am pregnant now. Over this last weekend, i noticed that my breast are very tender and sore, which hasn't happened since i was a sophomore in highschool, when they were still kind of growing. At the moment that's my only real sign.. but they are SO sore, all the time, since last friday. (its monday now) it even hurts to take a shower. THe only other little signs i've had could be attributed to anything. I was nausaus one day last week, i've been more tired and more hungry, but i tend to go through cycles with hunger and fatigue on my own anyway.

Anyway... what are the chances that i am pregnant? How many other people experianced breast soreness and to what degree... and other signs. I can't really take a test until next week.. since my period is due next thursday, and most signs don't pick up on that until you skip a period or whatever. I have some 'first response' tests here waiting for me, but i'll probably go nuts until then, so i just want advice, and the signs and everything.

As far as if i was pregnant... i am actually kinda excited at the prospect. I really think if i were, that i'm ready.. i'm just worried about my boyfriend being upset.
April 18th, 2005, 05:41 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
There is a posiblity you could be. I noticed the breast soreness first in both this pg, and my 1st one, and both are the results of failed b/c (first was depo, this one is the patch).

I took a test early for this one and got a faint positive. If you are really concerned, you could get a doctor to do a blood test. Those come back positive abouta week (I think) sooner than home tests.
April 18th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Larkin121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sore breasts were my first and only symptom... I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was at the doctor for something else and they did a blood test. It was actually my nipples that started out being sore, and now it has spread to my breasts as well. I didn't really get other symptoms til a week after that (fatigue) and then a somewhat upset stomach about a week or two after that. Just a thought... you said you had your last period but during that month you were bad about birth control? If you think you got pregnant during THAT cycle, then your test would show your answer now. I had a "period" at the right time, but it was too light to be normal, which is why I went in to the doctor. There are quite a few women, esp. on the pill, that can have period like bleeding and still are pregnant. If you think it was last cycle, test now. Otherwise, if you think it was this cylce, wait til your period is due and test first thing in the morning. Good luck!

April 18th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Regular
Actually, right now it IS my nipples that are sore and irretated... i was just trying to be more discreet about it.

I doubt i'd be pregnant from my last cycle, because my period was normal. Its my mom who thinks its from then. Otherwise, it would have to be from like... last weekend or something, which is probably too soon to be having symptoms. Unless of course, some people have normal periods, though i thought it had to be lighter or shorter to show pregnancy. Mine started a little late, and ended about right. (maybe a smidge early, but i think its just from how i messed up the pills so badly)

EDIT: I went ahead and took a pregnancy test because i was driving myself nuts, and it came back negative, but i'm going to test again the day my period is supposed to start, in case its too early for the home tests to show anything. i really just have a gut feeling this time.
April 19th, 2005, 06:11 AM
1proudmom2kalli
I've had a lot of "gut feelings" in the past. The last time I was telling my boyfriend a month before that I was pregnant, and it wound up that I was.... That's kinda just coincidence though.

I actually am pregnant as a result of failed birth control (the patch) as well as some of the other girls who responded to your post.

But back to the original post, yes, my breasts were VERY tender before I found out that I was pregnant. In fact, my period was 2 days late when I went to my mom and told her that I was going to take a test just to see, but that my breasts were sore and her exact response was "WHY ARE YOU EVEN TAKING A TEST?" Because that was the first sign for her too. So, anyways...

You've already taken ONE pregnancy test. I would wait until your period is actually a day or two late before taking another test. Don't waste em. HOWEVER, yes, you can have your period when you're pregnant. It happened to me, and my grandmother had her period for 6 months of her pregnancy w/ my dad. Doctors will say that it's common, but that it's not normal. Any bleeding in pregnancy is "not normal" according to doctors, even though it is a fairly common thing. At any rate, just relax, wait until your period is late, and THEN test. I think you'll get a more determined response if you let your period be late. If you DO get your period, I would still go for a blood test just to be 100% sure. They're obviously more accurate than any HPT, but I did take a First Response 2 days after my missed period and got a POSITIVE.

Oh, and if you're on birth control, it's VERY possible that you could've had your period while pregnant because birth control obvious controls timing of your periods. Anyways, it's happened to more than one of us.

Good luck and let us know what you find out...

Oh, and WELCOME TO JM!!!!
April 19th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to im a 1st time mommy
i was on the depo shot for a few years. my period was NEVER regular so when i got pregnant i didn't know till i was 5 weeks and went to see my doctor for something different. my breasts didn't start to get sore till i was about 2months pregnant, but everyone is different.

i hope that everything works out the way you want it to.
April 28th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Regular
My period was supposed to start last night, and nothing. Most of the signs i had went away last week... but i have been a little more emotional lately, which i figured was PMS, but since i've gone on BC, i've been extremely regular. always starting late wednesday night.. and now its thursday night and nothing. I'm waiting until saturday, and if it doesn't start by then, i'm going to test again.

Just thought i'd update on my situation. I really don't think i'm preggo though, i think it may just be stress, because i had a speech today in my com 110 class and finals are coming up soon... ah the stresses of college life. I'll let you guys know what happens.
April 29th, 2005, 08:33 AM
1proudmom2kalli
I know exactly what you mean about college life! I had my finals at the beginning of April and have started new classes and I'm just getting into the swing of things again! I know how that can be!!

Let us know what your results are. It could just be stress. I've never been late on BC from stress though. But, everyone's different! And it still might be that you're not pregnant, just having a delayed period for some other reason. If you don't get it soon, I'd call the doc just to make sure nothing's wrong! GOOD LUCK!
April 29th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Regular
This will sound kinda gross, but i kinda started today... but usually when i first start, its kind of a dark brown. (sorry) and right now its a very light pink. obviously, im going to wait and see if it darkens up and gets heavier, but i am a little worried that it might be implantation bleeding, though i thought that was supposed to come earlier than your period, not later. Though, i do realize just the fact that it was late could make it act funky. I don't know. I'm probably just paranoid.

Edit: Its still really light, (especially for me, because i'm usually kinda heavy) But do you have cramps with implantation bleeding... (because i had slight cramps, though not as bad as usual)
May 2nd, 2005, 06:46 PM
Melode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on the same birthcontrol and i missed a few days or pills had my period then i kept taking my meds and then i was pregnant so u could posabley be pregannt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search