21 College Student Unplanned Pregnancy

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 3 Post By mamatomany
  • 3 Post By ElliotsMommy13
  • 3 Post By Gretch024
  • 3 Post By Indecisive13
  • 2 Post By Leogirl
  • 1 Post By mamatomany
  • 1 Post By ElliotsMommy13
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 2 Post By onemoremakesfour
  • 1 Post By debs86

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I JUST FOUND OUT TUESDAY THAT I AM ABOUT 5 WEEKS PREGNANT... I AM SERIOUSLY SCARED AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...

MY HEART IS TELLING ME NOT TO GET AN ABORTION... BUT MY UNBORN CHILD'S FATHER WANTS ME TO GET AN ABORTION WHICH MAKES MY MIND WONDER AND MAKES ME SCARED AND CONTEMPLATE GETTING ONE, BECAUSE I DON'T EVEN WANT MY CHILD TO BE RESENTED BUT ITS FATHER...

I AM SCARED THAT I'LL BE A FAILURE OR A BAD MOM BECAUSE I NEVER EXPECTED THIS... I REALLY JUST DON'T KNOW WHATS the RIGHT thing TO DO.

Last edited by dexiwexi; January 25th, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
January 25th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Super Mommy
First off, never let someone emotionally pressure you to abort your baby. You are the one who will have to live with that decision for the rest of your life, who knows if he's going to even be around by the end of the school year. Whether or not he's ready to actively father this baby shouldn't influence your decision about your baby. If he doesn't step up to the plate and take responsibility that's his problem.

You already know where your heart is, and you can find the strength to do this on your own. Just because you don't have the father's support doesn't mean your alone, and I'm sure you can create a support network of friends and family to help you raise your little one.

You are this baby's mother and no one should try to make out that their part in this decision is bigger than that-- especially not someone who's focused on his own convenience. Best wishes sister, and just remember that there is a great, supportive group of women here on justmommies, many of whom are in your same shoes.
MIL2lissy8, jeweluv and dexiwexi like this.
January 25th, 2013, 07:57 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely dont go against your heart. All friends of mine who even had any little doubt about abortion and did it anyway all live in guilt and always wonder what if.. Its not going to be easy but Im pregnant now with no father in the picture and definitely not stable in life but the longer the pregnancy goes, the more I get attached. I just hit 13 weeks today. If your heart tells you to keep it.. then don't let anyone pressure you otherwise. Plus, if you join the due date club here, you will have tons of other pregnant women's support there for you. I wish you the best!
MIL2lissy8, dexiwexi and debs86 like this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; January 26th, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
January 25th, 2013, 08:37 PM
hang in there! I got pregnant when i was in college too..i was 20, then 21 when i had my son. I cried the whole day i found out & I honestly thought my life was ruined. I didn't consider abortion at all..i think life is a gift..but at that moment i had so many doubts. I just want you to encourage you to really think about your decision. It might seem like the hardest thing now, but for me, it has been absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to me. It's hard work, but i really feel like you will never be given anything you can't handle. Good luck, and I'd love to chat if you need someone to talk to!
January 25th, 2013, 09:05 PM
I'm 21 and in college just like you. I found out I was pregnant last month. The father wanted me to abort the baby when I told him. I had mixed feelings initially, but I have decided to keep my baby. I'll be 14 weeks next week.
I just want to advise you to make the decision on your own. You don't want to have regrets later on for doing something to please anyone other than yourself, and then youre left with the regret. At the end of the day, you have to live with whatever decision you make. Good luck!
January 26th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off, It dosen't matter what the father wants. This is YOUR decision and it's yours alone. You need to take him out of the equation and figure out what YOU really want. You may want to seek the help of a pregnancy counselor (an uninvolved person that can lay out all of your options and answer any questions you may have). They can usually be found at your local Planned Parenthood, Health Department, or local women's clinic. Your school may even have someone available.

If you do decide to parent your child there are lots of programs out there to help you succeed. Good luck!
dexiwexi and debs86 like this.

January 26th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I appreciate your words... Because I am seriously stressed and he makes me feel like i'm the dumbest person in the world...
January 26th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexiwexi View Post
I appreciate your words... Because I am seriously stressed and he makes me feel like i'm the dumbest person in the world...
I'm so sorry you're going through this. If that's the way he's treating you in this situation I say kick him to the curb and don't look back. Your life is worth more than that. Wanting to mother your baby means you are a strong person, and trying to bully you into feeling dumb is cruel, disrespectful, and manipulative. Big hugs!!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
January 26th, 2013, 03:09 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you don't need him! You can definitely do better!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
January 27th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If he thought you were dumb because you were going to have a baby how does he feel about his mother? She must be the Queen of Dumb in that case.

You're going to meet up with a lot of challenges but they're not impossible. Many things that you think now will be impossible will seem small and hardly worth noticing. You'd be amazed by how so many things just fall into place.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 27th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, your feeling so upset.
Take a breath and look around.
Women these days are capable of so much and the thought of single parenting is the "norm"
many women decide to have their child due to the idea that "theres life groeing inside of you"

Im a college student, currently taking my last 3 classes for my degree, a full time worker and I am 24 weeks pregnant. Due in May.
Its an intense feeling to realize you are carrying a child. I can relate. I didnt accept my pregnancy till I was 3 months along. By then the babys father had gone and I was alone. Its a scary feeling at first but with a support network all these are possible. Its okay to be scared. Cry if it helps, but remember, you dont want to give badvibes to your baby.
As for the guy, let him decide his choice. He doesnt want to grow up or own up. His loss. You just be a wonderful mommy.

Good luck
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 10:49 AM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
I was 21 when I found out I was pregnant and scared of being a bad mom. I remember crying a lot and feeling I couldn't do it. That was 15 years ago and I can't imagine my life without my son. If you want to do this you can! Do not let him pressure you into something if it's not what you want.
MIL2lissy8 and debs86 like this.
March 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
Be strong! Being a mom is a lot of work and can be hard but the love is so worth it. You are stronger than you can possibly imagine. Woman were made that way! The love in your heart for your baby is something that is natural and circumstances don't change that. That baby is there for a reason...to love..
Best for you and that little one...
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
Be strong! Being a mom is a lot of work and can be hard but the love is so worth it. You are stronger than you can possibly imagine. Woman were made that way! The love in your heart for your baby is something that is natural and circumstances don't change that. That baby is there for a reason...to love..
Best for you and that little one...

Tags
abortion , student , unplanned pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search