Breaking the news

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leogirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
This pregnancy was as unplanned as you can get. Two forms of birth control, a new relationship, attending college, and ready to ship to basic in April for the Army National Guard as well. Awesome. When I first told my bf he broke down and begged me to consider ending the pregnancy. He didn't want to ask me to, but he said it was the best option as not to mess with my schooling and army career. After a couple of days, I told him I was keeping the baby and he was relieved, saying that he had thought it over and knew we could work it out.

I'm 26 years old, divorced twice, and had a stillborn 2 and a half years ago. My family has seen me go to hell and back and have been super excited to see me happy about my future in the Army. While I know I can always enlist after the baby is born, I'm not sure my family will see it that way. They'll see this as an end to my potential career because obviously I wouldn't leave my baby or toddler at home right? I disagree.

Anyway, I'm just sweating telling them. My mom wears two different NG sweatshirts all the time, and she's constantly posting picture on FB about the Army and saying how proud she is of me. I don't want to disappoint them by telling them I can no longer go to basic training. Hell it was hard enough talking to my recruiter and he told me everything was going to be ok.

I'm just over 6 weeks, so I have plenty of time to tell them before the bump begins. But... Mom keeps getting super sentimental as she thinks I'm leaving in two months. Between basic and AIT it's supposed to be 26 weeks so she's trying to schedule as much mommy daughter time as possible.

I want to tell them, but I don't.

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

February 5th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Really it's just best to tell them and get it over with like ripping off a band-aid. The sooner the better.Pick a time when it's calm and there isn't anything else going on and just say it. Everyone may be shocked at first but I'm sure they will come around. Good luck!!!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

February 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you arrange for your recruiter to stop by the same day that you break the news to your family? He sounds really supportive and it might comfort your family to hear from a higher up that you're not "damaging" your career.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
I hadn't thought of that. I'm sure he would if I asked him to, he's a great guy. We actually know each other outside of the guard too. His son and I have mutual friends so we run into each other often.

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

February 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, there you go then! Good luck! And thank you for serving our country!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 9th, 2013, 06:51 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, just because you are pregnant does not mean you still can't go.. It'll just be delayed! I know tons of women who are not only moms of little ones but active duty and loving it. National Guard will still be there when you give birth.. And it'll be extra incentive to get fit again quickly after baby! I told my mom the first day I found out because I literally cried the whole day. She took it better than expected and is looking forward to being a grandma.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search