Very Nervous

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I know this a "justmommies" forum but I felt this urgent to ask and don't really knowhere else to ask it. Well my fiance is pregnant (we are both 17) and will be finding out the gender tomorrow. I am nervous with myself because I really want a girl, and if it is a boy I am scared I'll be disappointed and I don't want to remember being disappointed with that for my kid's sake? Is it alright to be disappointed with your baby's sex?
February 5th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Super Mommy
You may feel disappointed, and this is not uncommon. However, rest assured that it will fade very quickly, and you will not at all retain any disappointment long term. Not only that, but having the time after the ultrasound and before delivery will give you ample time to get very excited about a boy if you are having one.

Boys are super fun .
February 6th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Mamatomany. Gender disappointment is very common and many people experience it. For many people once the baby is born that disappointment completely fades away. For other people it may take a while.

When you find out the gender and if it turns out to be a boy I want you to spend a few days allowing yourself to feel disappointed and perhaps even to grieve a little (but do try to keep it on the DL for your fiance's sake). Then after a day or two each time you feel sad about it I want you think about all the awesome things you can do with your new lil mini-me. Think of all the boy things you enjoyed doing or new things you'd like to do. You can even write some of these ideas and dreams down in a letter addressed to your son. This will all help with bonding and getting adjusted to the idea that you have a son and not a daughter.

Good luck!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search