I'm just a mess

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ElliotsMommy13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I am 40 years old and managed to get pregnant even though we were using protection. I have been freaking out all week trying to figure out how to tell the father. This baby's timing couldn't be worse. Now I've started bleeding and I am freaking out all over again because I don't want to lose the baby. I am so confused and sad right now and I really don't have anyone I can talk to about this IRL.
February 16th, 2013, 10:45 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you will be fine. I know the bad timing thing.. I cried the first day I found out! I started bleeding and even clotted around 7 weeks and went to the ER in a panic.. Once I saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks I was hooked.. now at 16 weeks I just found out its a boy and Im excited even though life is not going to be easy and Im doing it single.. When you are ready, the due date clubs here are really helpful! I definitely recommend them.
yvee80 likes this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
February 17th, 2013, 06:05 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Especially with the bleeding, the first thing I would do is go see a Dr. to confirm the pregnancy, make sure everything is ok regarding the bleeding, etc. I really hope everything works out for you!!! Sending you lots of HUGS!

~Always missing our angel baby 16/3/2013~
February 17th, 2013, 12:33 PM
My numbers actually doubled in about 16 hours (they want it to double in two-three days from what I understand), but the bleeding isn't stopping, and its quite a bit. How much can you bleed and still sustain the pregnancy? I'm thinking of calling the father, but I need his support, and I think it would be more like him freaking out and adding to my stress.
February 18th, 2013, 07:59 PM
If you think he would add to your stress.. then just hold off for now. TMI alert.. but I had a pretty big clot after bleeding a week. I could have sworn I lost the baby. I was a mess in the ER and then when I left I havent bled since. You never know.. My doctor said not to worry unless you are bleeding more than will fill a pad in an hour or acompanied with period like cramps.. If worried badly.. you could go to the ER but that would be hours of sitting to get an ultrasound and Im not sure how much they will see at this point. I wish you the best of luck!

February 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Well, I lost the baby. I keep trying to think of all the reasons its for the best, but its been harder than I thought it would be. Especially since I've been around the father all day the past two days. I didn't see the point in telling him now. Besides that we're taking a pediatrics class, so I get to hear about babies all day while sitting right beside him. I wonder if it would make me feel better to just walk up and punch him? LOL
February 19th, 2013, 02:03 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to read your update My heart is breaking for you! Definitely talk to someone if you have a hard time dealing with everything! Sending you lots of hugs!!!

~Always missing our angel baby 16/3/2013~
February 19th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Im so sorry to hear that!! I had such good feelings for you! I can't imagine how hard that must be!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search