Feeling Down and not myself lately at all...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By left_field

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 02:48 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
This was definitely an unplanned pregnancy and I struggled for awhile about what to do...i am use in August and we have decided to keep the baby. There are many reasons for why this was such a hard decision first being that i am unemployed and ACTIVELY looking for a job we re living off do my DH income and it is a definite struggle...the second reason is DH has 3 children from another marriage and their mother needs help she has 6 kids has never worked and treats them like trash, she is very abusive to the kids!!! We are trying to get custody of them but we already know they will need serious counseling, they are already showing signs of damage from her treatment...so I was feeling absolutely torn like we need to help these children, they are going to need much attention, so will the baby and I have a 13 year old...it's just been very stressful. I just pray that I find a job before I actually tart to show because the 2nd income is very much so needed and will lift a weight off.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 1st, 2013, 09:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The good news is that you don't need to mention your pregnancy or anything to do with your children during your interviews! And they can't ask you, even if it is EXTREMELY obvious that you're expecting.

When you get hired you will need to discuss it with HR, though.

edit: here's an article talking about how to handle getting a new job while pregnant:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dailymus...oure-pregnant/

I would add to make sure to have a solid plan for when you'll be leaving and when you'll be coming back and how you'll handle the transitions so that it is smooth for your future employer.
yvee80 likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Last edited by MerinSun; March 1st, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
March 3rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Super Mommy to be
Congrats on the decision of keeping your baby. I pray you find that job soon and that you are able to have a positive impact on these other kids lives as well.
yvee80 likes this.
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
March 3rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Thank you for the encouraging words and all of the information it is greatly appreciated!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 4th, 2013, 07:04 AM
So glad I came across your post. I am pregnant and my fiancee hasnt found a job in months I mean months I even apply for him because I was thinking its the way he is doing his applications. I am the only one bringing in money and it does get hard but I always pull threw it. I was so torn what to do as well when I found out I was pregnant. I have so many emotions running in my head, my fianncee has one child by someone else and sometimes i buy him stuff time to time because even though his mom works she doesnt get him anything she waits on child support. Anyway when this baby comes I made it clear I wont be buying his son no more clothes no gas to go get him every weekend. I hate to be like that but it is what it is I have a 7 year old and and a new baby on the way. I wish you well and ask God to lift the burden off of you and stay strong as you can. If for nobody else your 13 year old and the new baby. Sorry to say them other 6 kids are your husbands and his ex's responsibility.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search