Surprise miscarriage 3 years after Vasectomy!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MIL2lissy8
  • 1 Post By mamatomany
  • 1 Post By mamatomany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 11:12 AM
I didn't see a thread about miscarriage so this is the only place I thought would be fitting, as this was definitely unplanned!
I am now 35, and have been pregnant now 10 times. 3 years ago after my 4th child was born, my hubby got a vasectomy. My period was a few days late this month and I took 2 tests, both negative, so I assumed I was safe, and his V was still good.

I started spotting which is very odd for me, i never spot, I go full force and dont stop till my period is over. I spotted 2 days, then woke up yesterday morning with pain so bad I couldnt move, my right side and my bladder hurt the most, i laid there for 2 hours in agony until i got a tylenol 3 so I could care for my 2 smallest kids. 2 hours after that I passed a little clot, with some white stuff and veins in it, but surprising alot of the pain and bleeding stopped after that, and I immediately suspected a miscarriage...

I called a l&d nurse at my hospital where I deliver and told her everything and she said it sounds like I was losing an early pregnancy that just didnt implant correctly thats why my tests were negative. i told her but my husband had a vasectomy and she laughed! After that my belly got very swelled, and I was running a 100 degree fever, and got a horrid headache that did not respond to pain medicine and a chemical depression feeling come on me.

Well today im bleeding like a heavy period and passing clots, and I am still feverish and achy all over, sleepy, grumpy, and i feel very toxic, just not myself at all!! the swelling in my belly is down a little now...

my husband is angry to say the least,i cant even talk to him about this at all or he blows up, he said he got a little concerned about the pain he had for 3 years where he had the V had suddenly disappeared, and I jokingly said " i bet it all grew back" i had no idea....I feel so alone..

Is it normal to feel this bad after such an early loss? are there any other mums out there that had this happen after a vasectomy? not too many people believe me!! I have seen the boards, there are alot of other surprised people out there too! Will this happen again? I don't want a baby anytime soon, in 3 years we were gonna talk about a reversal...just talk about it.

im not upset about losing the baby really, i didnt know i was pregnant, and I'm shocked, and kind of happy that if I want another baby it could very well be a possibility,, yesterday was horrid i felt so sick but i wonder if anyone can relate to me and tell me how long to expect to feel so bad. my last mc was 10 years ago, and I dont remember feeling so nasty, i remember PAIN but not this, i feel like theres sewage in my veins.

thanks so much for your help.
March 31st, 2013, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
girl, i think you need to see a doctor right away. that does not sound like a normal or complete miscarriage. i strongly encourage you to go to the hospital.

as for a vasectomy failing, oh yes it happens a lot more than you would think. did you husband go in for his sperm count after the waiting time?
aribelle likes this.

~~terre~~
March 31st, 2013, 03:29 PM
yes he did, about a month afterward they said the count was zero. today the bleeding is very light almost like spotting and the fever is gone but i feel lightheaded weak and nauseated still. crampy and the headache comes and goes. i thought all the pain in his area of the procedure was awful suspicious....also, as of today, the clots are gone too. if this was my period, today i would be gushing and miserable. i know i miscarried for sure now. thanks so much for ur time.
March 31st, 2013, 06:34 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I'm sorry,I hope you get to feeling better soon. I also think you need to see a gyno,maybe they could order blood work and ultrasound just to make sure things are okay. My husband had a vasectomy after our 6th child was born,his took 4 months and 3 analysis to be at zero. I hope his doesn't grow back at all! Anyways I'd have your DH call his Dr who did the procedure and ask for a sperm analysis,that way he can either have it redone or leave it alone if you two want more.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

March 31st, 2013, 06:59 PM
when i feel like i can handle the ride to the doctor (about an hour drive) I will go for all that. i want more kids in a few years so we will just use something else till then. he wants to get his sperm count again but i think its pretty obvious...i couldn't ask him to go thru all that again, i watched him get it done, and it looked brutal LOL
April 1st, 2013, 09:49 AM
Super Mommy
My DH got a vasectomy after our fifth child. I also got pregnant. At 6 weeks I was bleeding and the ultrasound showed an empty sack and no baby, but long story short, my son was born 8 month later. He looks exactly like all his siblings, so that was good . Anyway, it's definitely possible, though not super common.
aribelle likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatomany View Post
My DH got a vasectomy after our fifth child. I also got pregnant. At 6 weeks I was bleeding and the ultrasound showed an empty sack and no baby, but long story short, my son was born 8 month later. He looks exactly like all his siblings, so that was good . Anyway, it's definitely possible, though not super common.
so this could happen again for certain? I have read soooo many stories of post vasectomy pregnancies ending in miscarriage, i took a pregnancy test again today just to make sure I passed it all and that i really wasn't pregnant and just having some bleeding...it looks a little positiver than the last ones I took tho.... i will do another one tomorrow.
April 1st, 2013, 01:34 PM
Super Mommy
I would definitely test again in a few days just to be sure, as it's possible you miscarried a twin, though it certainly sounds like a full-on miscarriage.

I would say it's more than possible, it's likely that you'll get pregnant again if you don't use some alternative form of contraception.

Keep us updated on how you're feeling. And I second the ladies who want you at the doctor if your fever or malaise continues as you could easily contract an infection. If nothing else, at least call your doctor to check in and see what they say.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 02:28 PM
i went to the er last night, they done a quant hcg and my level was below 1 they said that no worrie about ectopic or having to have a d&c because i must have passed it all thank god! i still have nausea, backache, weakness and lightheaded but i know it will pass.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search