I screwed up.. Who could the dad be..?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By mamatomany
  • 2 Post By mamatomany
  • 1 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By MoreThanEnough
  • 1 Post By mommy2Breana+Brandon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Hi ladies and gents.. While I am scared and worried about who the father of my baby is.. I am totally in love with the life I have in me. Here's a rundown of the situation I am facing:

My boyfriend and I broke up early February. I had an unfortunate drunken one night stand with a friend on Feb 10(day 25 of my cycle). I took the plan B pill the next day on Feb 11. Feb 18 I got my period. It came at the normal time it was supposed too, the flow was normal and it lasted for as long as it was supposed too (5 days).

I don't have a normal 28 day cycle - I have a 33 day cycle. When I've done ovulation testing in the past I tended to ovulated early in my cycle day 10/11-15) I got back together with my boyfriend at the end of February. We had sex March 1 and 3. I took a pregnancy test on March 22 and it was positive. I have seen my doctor and she said based on my LMP, my due date is November 25th and possible conception was March 4.

When I went for an ultrasound, thinking I was 10 weeks, 4 days, the tech told me I was measuring a bit larger (11 weeks 2 days) and said my due date should be November 20th.

I am upset and worried ... Who would be the father?

Has anyone else gone through a similar situation? I know this stress is terrible for both the baby and I, but I can't stop worrying.
May 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Super Mommy
First off, congratulations on this new life! Don't stress at all -- I'm sure your boyfriend is the father. Ultrasound isn't an exact science and a variation of less than a week like you had is completely normal. If you had conceived in February, yur due date would be several weeks earlier, not five days. So relax, and enjoy your pregnancy with your boyfriend!
May 19th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Hi Mamatomany!
Thank you very much for your response !
Thinking about what you said makes perfect sense. I never thought about it that way, but you're right.. I'd be having a due date a lot earlier than the one I have. I just got in my head and really started to panic. Thank you for being kind in your response as well!
May 19th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Super Mommy
Glad to help . Also, if you haven't already, I encourage you to join the due date club for November. It's so much fun to be able to have a group of ladies to communicate with who are going through the same things you are. It's a great place to have a virtual support network and there are so many fun and encouraging mamas here on justmommies. Best wishes and I hope your pregnancy goes easily and perfectly .
Myopia and babymom852 like this.
May 20th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I would say that your boyfriend is most definitely the father of the baby.

Congrats and good luck. I also encourage you to join the November Due Date club! There are so many great ladies there and you'll learn so much!
babymom852 likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, your boyfriend is the father.
babymom852 likes this.
May 20th, 2013, 11:35 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would also agree that it is your boyfriend's
babymom852 likes this.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

May 20th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Thank you for the replies everyone!
I just got so anxious about this situation and I haven't been able to relax and take it easy. I've just been a bundle of nerves. I want to enjoy my pregnancy and relax!

Also I wanted to say anything to who replied.. Thank you for being kind.
May 21st, 2013, 04:54 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
If you were already pregnant by the other guy you wouldn't have had your period.

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
May 21st, 2013, 06:31 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymom852 View Post
Thank you for the replies everyone!
I just got so anxious about this situation and I haven't been able to relax and take it easy. I've just been a bundle of nerves. I want to enjoy my pregnancy and relax!

Also I wanted to say anything to who replied.. Thank you for being kind.
It's very understandable that you might have this worry....it just means you care

Enjoy your pregnancy now. Make sure you stick around here at the due date clubs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search