Booked in for an abortion but still not 100%

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry they reacted that way, it must really be weighing down on you. To be honest I think they reacted better than most parents given the circumstances. I'm impressed there was no screaming, crying, or meltdowns. I feel confident and hopeful that they'll come around, you just gotta wait out the storm if this decision is truly what you want for your unborn.
May 28th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry your parents aren't being very supportive. I do agree with the other ladies that the fact they're on.y threatening to have you move out in a few years shows they truly are supportive of you. It didn't mean you're making the decision they might have made in your shoes, but the point is they are Your shoes. You seem to know very surely that an abortion -- especially one chosen to please other people -- is going to leave you with deep emotional scars. I am confident that the strength you have shown by choosing to mother this child will lead to a lasting respect and even better relationship with your parents, even if they aren't happy about it now. As the other ladies pointed out, you will probably be ready to move out with your little son or daughter while they're still begging you to stay! A theoretical baby can sound like a lot of bother, but a tiny, sweet baby in the house will melt any grandma's heart!
ladyluck87 likes this.
May 28th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You cannot let them decide for you. I had an abortion and was ceetainly pressured into it by my ex and mother, I regretted it and I still do. After I went to the dr to check everuthing had gone as "planned" which was when I got such upsetting news. I was told I would most likey not be able to have anymore children! That my uterus was scarred ( i had pelvoc inflamatory disease wgen I was younger ) and I was lucky I had gotten pregnant before. I felt HORRIBLE. I pretty much jumoed out pf the relationship with my abuosive ex ( the nabys father) and into a "relationship" with one of my friends . We had known each other for at least 7 yrs. At first I was just fooling around, but he really wanted a relationship with me so we did. We typically used protection, but one night we didnt . Three weeks later I was pregnant! I honestlt did not believe I could get pregnant. I told him my chances were extremely low, if at all. We were stunned and I was wieried because I had had an abortion just over a month prior. Of coursr we kept the baby. My father didnt talk to me for 6mos +. My mom wasnt mad but kept saying are u sure are u sure, becausr really she wasnt sure. ( I was living on my own btw) But when Ryan was born, they ogled him, they held him loved him, soiled him, and it was instant love. Its been that way evwe since and thwy both really support and have even apologized for the way they acted when I told them. And again of u really decide you arent ready there is always adoption.

Oh I should add I DID end up getting a second opinion, and he said while there was scarring I should have any problem getting pregnant, which was obvious to me because I have two "little critters" now lol
Tamra_Marie likes this.
May 29th, 2013, 08:22 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
I'm am 27 right now and have a 2 year old and 8 month old girls. When I was a teenager my parents took me aside and told me if I ever got pregnant that I would be kicked out of the house. They also told me that they would never let my husband and I move in with them once we moved out. Well we currently had to move in with my parents for a little bit and my dad acts like it bothers him but he loves my girls to death and my husband. Whenever I bring up us moving back out they throw out all of these reasons why we should stay a few months longer. I think your parents are just in shock right now but I'm sure they will come around once that baby is born. You are a mom now, your baby should be your main concern not your parents, and if they chose to not support you then that's their loss.

June 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The good thing is in the UK you will get lots of support if you do end up a single mum. I was 19 when I had my first child. My mum threw me out but I got help from a pro-life organisation who helped me fill in forms for housing and also to get some money. There are sure start centres who are really helpful also once you've had the baby. There's groups that help you bond with the baby as well as young parent groups. If you think for one minute you would regret having an abortion don't do it. You will have to live with it for the rest of your life. Your mum will come round just take one day at a time. If your dad said you can stay til the baby is 1/2 well that's a great starting point. And who knows where you'll be in 2 years you could have met a great guy who wants to be there for you and the baby. There are so so many possibilities for you even with a toddler. I went back to college. Don't for one minute think your life will be over.
mamatomany likes this.

[/url]
June 2nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you are doing ok. I had my son many years ago and my mom did not speak to me either for 2 weeks. My son is such a blessing and her favorite grandchild! Don't let it get to you...It will all work out!

Tags
9 weeks , abortion , unplanned pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search