Upset beyond words. Can this get any worse?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By MIL2lissy8
  • 1 Post By ducksaresnazzy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
I'm 9 weeks pregnant. I have no health insurance, can't get it at my job. I was just denied for pregnancy Medicaid. I can't apply for any insurance because I'm pregnant. I cannot apply for maternity insurance until next year when the new health care thing goes into affect. I tried to get financing through my hospital, which is fine, but I have to apply in person and that appointment isnt for a month and a half. Also, on top of the stress of simply not being able to go to the doctor, I am O negative blood and can't get the RH factor test if I can't see a doctor. I'm so terrified, angry, worried out of my mind that I can't even sleep.
July 24th, 2013, 10:16 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
apply for Medicaid again. they have to at least take you during your pregnancy. ask to speak with a supervisor and find out why they declined you. I have NEVER hear of our state program refusing anyone during a pregnancy. they may end it at 6 weeks post-partum, but I certainly believe they have to cover you during the pregnancy. do you have written proof of your pregnancy? that may be the problem. you might need to go to a dr and tell them you are applying for aid and that you need proof of pregnancy. they might not charge you at that visit (if they will accept the Medicaid once it is granted).

~~terre~~
July 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Super Mommy
What Terre said! I don't know enough about Medicaid, but definitely go talk to them. If they can't help you, go into some of the clinics and explain your situation. They have a reduced payment schedule for uninsured people, and you could set up a payment plan. That way you could at least get in for one appointment and get the blood issue worked out. Best wishes and let us know how it turns out!
July 25th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Amazing Mommy
Hi there. I just wanted to say if you can't get any kind of insurance, some places will work with you as far as payment goes OR you can go to a Pregnancy Center in your area and 90% of the time the Pregnancy Centers are free and run off of donations. They can help with prenatal care, vitamins, ultrasounds, clothes etc.

Medicaid turns people down sometimes when they don't have all of the proper information they need. They'll need proof of pregnancy and due date(which you can get for free through a Pregnancy Center in your area), proof of income, a copy of your social and license. If they still turn you down, like the previous poster said, you need to talk to a supervisor about it. You can look on your state's website for information regarding Medicaid as well.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope everything works out well for you and baby!
July 26th, 2013, 11:13 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm on medicaid for my daughter, and even if you don't apply they have a special application for pregnant women. my boyfriend and i make just over the limit for regular medicaid but qualified for the pregnant women's application. it's just for the baby and the mother, and should cover the baby to term and up til his/ her first birthday.

like mummytob said, you do need ALL the information at the time of your medicaid appointment. i forgot one, just one, of my boyfriend's pay stubs and had to do some run around to get that straightened out.

the program is called "pcap" or "prenatal care assistance program" (i think). call the health department and request to apply for that specifically.
Kitcat10126 likes this.
July 26th, 2013, 04:31 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lurking... what state do you live in? I know in California there is a program called "Access for Infants and Mothers." It is for people exactly like you, who do not qualify for state aid (because of income, etc.) and can't get private insurance because they are already pregnant. If you are in California, look into it. If you are in another state, I would assume that there are similar programs.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 27th, 2013, 06:43 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
If you are Rh- its fine unless you are bleeding. They will give you a rogam shot at 28 weeks or so. They can also type the baby at birth to see if baby is also - if he/she is then you can get rogram. Thats what I did with my home births. As for insurance I was under the impression that the pregnancy portion of medicaid didnt have income guidelines. I would apply again and make sure you have everything you need, pregnancy centers will give you proof of pregnancy. It will be ok! Most doctors dont see patients until you are further along anyways. I usually started going at 12 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search