Anyone gotten pregnant using condoms?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By frankielee09

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Super Mommy
First off I do know I am completely crazy, but I just wanna know from curiosity...

Has anyone here gotten pregnant using condoms for BC? I know it happens, but how or what goes wrong usually to cause it?

We are using condoms solely for BC because I can't do hormones and even though I track my periods on a phone app I dont really know my cycle. I just wondered if its even possible to conceive using condoms? I know most are 98% effective or so so i assume its rare.

We are only waiting a bit because we wanna be more stable income wise and move first and probably get married beforehand, but we would be just as happy. We use non-latex ones because my crazy self can't handle every aspect of latex haha....

any experiences?

August 14th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Super Mommy
We're pretty sure my current pregnancy is a condom baby.

And then there's my youngest sister. My mom wasn't ovulating and hadn't hit menopause yet. So the doctor had her on the pill to make her shed her lining to avoid uterine cancer. And they were being extra careful beside and my dad was using condoms. Somehow they got pregnant anyways. So now I have a sister who's 16 years younger than me.

So it happens, multiple forms of birth control can even fail at the same time.
August 14th, 2013, 08:42 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was a failed-condom baby. so was my oldest cousin.

i believe in my mom's case, there was breaking. my cousin was the result of poor application.
August 14th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Super Mommy
wow! thx girls for the replies! I guess it does happen...now if only I get so lucky LOL

August 14th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Super Mommy
I was a birth-control failed baby, My brother was a condom failed baby. I know quite a bit of friends, family and people that used condoms or birth-control or both and they got pregnant. Nothing is 100%, so eventually you will get pregnant by these methods. Hope this helps.
August 15th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My five year old is a condom baby. My friends brother has 4 kids with condoms.

August 15th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Hi ladies.I'm a guy but i need your advice.I'm so stressed because my girlfriend is pregnant and she says the child is mine.what happened is that we had sex on Sunday,30 June 2013(our first time and USED A CONDOM),and as we were chilling on Thursday 4 July,she became all sick(nausea,feeling bloated,intense sense of smell,weirdest of cravings). it happened the following day and i took her to the doctor.when she got out she told me that the tests said she is pregnant.now my question is,is it possible to have morning sickness 4 days after sex,and is it even possible to show that shes pregnant within 5 days?I'm not denying that the baby is mine,it is just that i want to be 100% sure because I have uncovered so much lies in the past few weeks and im starting to doubt if it is mine.I think the most important factors are that it was our first time having sex,and that we used a condom(it did not break).
August 15th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Super Mommy
Hi KG. I don't think you can get a positive test that soon after sex. Implantation needs to occur first for the hormone to be detected. Sorry and good luck!

August 15th, 2013, 04:45 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
kg.. i was sick within a week of conception. viciously, it was awful. the symptoms all hit me like a ton of bricks immediately. it's possible, but if you're unsure, there are tests.. they sell paternity tests at certain rite-aids now, if i've heard correctly.

from experience, condoms that seem completely fine may still be torn, juuuust enough. jus' sayin'.

good luck, kid.
August 17th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to frankielee09
The important factors here are not that she got pregnant from using a condom, that does happen. The main factor that is concerning here is that she got a positive pregnancy test 5 days later?! Who in the world that has even been ttc has gotten a positive that early?? I used to test twice a day when I was ttc with my last one and I didn't get a positive til at least 8 dpo. I just don't think this baby belongs to him!
Spyctre, shana1979 and 3maybe like this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!

August 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree. I got extreme fatigue a few days after conception but I didn't get a positive until the following week. The baby is likely not his. This sounds like really poor timing. Did she just get out of a relationship before hooking up w/ you?

Introducing the Minis

September 21st, 2013, 09:31 PM
Super Mommy
I was a BC failed baby and My brother was a Condom failed baby! I knew plenty of people that gotten pregnant from condoms or birth-control had failed! Nothing is 100% and anything is possible

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search