Confused. Pregnant or not?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Alright, so it all started on the 13th of this month. I was at a party with my boyfriend; we had been drinking and had sex without a condom, and I am almost positive he didn't pull out in time. Four days later, I started feeling really weak and tired. I couldn't keep my eyes opened. Next day my back had started to hurt and I felt bloated. I missed my period, since my last period was on the 15th of August. I started to feel nauseous and couldn't eat at all for three or so days and when I would try, I would get sick almost. I got so bloated that my jeans could barely button, like I had gained a little weight. My boobs are really tender to the touch, grew a lot, areolas are a lot darker than usual (breasts are so tender it hurt to walk cause they are moving), and my abnominal is tender to where it hurts to lay on my stomach. Also, I have been feeling a pulling/pinching feeling by my belly button. My lower back has been killing me, and hurts to walk, like my whole body aches and when I walk, my stomach just feels really weird. I have also had hot flashes everyday, but those are slowly going away. I started to get really bad cramps so I just thought I was going to have a late period. I felt like something was about to come out, so I went to the bathroom and had a blob of discharge with pink blood stuff in it. That's all I had the whole day. The next day I spotted again, and it stopped once I wiped. Did it again the next day and hasn't been back since. So I know it wasn't my period. I went and got a blood test done and a pee test at the doctors and they both came out negative. Could it have been too early for the test cause I hear you should wait two weeks to test. And if it wasn't too late, what all could I have other than being pregnant?

Also, as of today I am able to eat food without feeling naseous, but it's like I am nonstop eating; more than I have ever ate in one day.
Oops, I keep forgetting some other things hehehe. But in the first four days when I started feeling like this, I was also getting fevers. They have gone away, but everyday I get super hot randomly, and then it goes away. Also shortness of breath.

I am only 19 years old and my boyfriend is 21. We have already told my parents that I could be, but they don't think I am considering I took a blood test. His parents don't know yet because he wants to know for sure before telling his parents. I just have never felt like this before with my body; no flu, stomach bug, period, cold or anything has made me feel like this. It's just different and don't know if I had just got my blood test done too early since it hasn't been two weeks since that night we had sex without a condom, my mom made me go get a blood test right when I told her.

Last edited by MeganLindeman; September 24th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
September 24th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Super Mommy
Well, I'm not sure why you would have missed your last period -- are you on the pill? Anyway, your hcg hormone won't be strong enough to be picked up by a pregnancy test until probably the end of this week at the earliest. If you did conceive that night, two weeks out is about the time most people can test positive. For most of us, that is also when our period is due so we know we're late and to test. Since you were expecting yours and it didn't come, it's possible you had delayed ovulation and are pregnant. In any case, just go about your business and get a quality test for Friday morning. Test first thing before you pee and if it's still negative wait a week and try again. If all the tests are negative and you still aren't getting your period (and aren't on hormonal birth control) you should head back to the doctor to find out what's going on.

In the meantime don't drink, stop smoking if you currently smoke, and most importantly get on some good prenatal vitamins as some things like folic acid are essential during early development. Let us know how it turns out!
September 24th, 2013, 05:19 PM
I am on the pill, but I was on antibiotics for a month and a half, so that for sure decreased my pills.
September 27th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The only way to really know is take a test? have you taken a test?

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search