I found my board!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2013, 06:54 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi everyone. I found out about 2 hrs ago that I'm pregnant. Still typing that is weird. Not trying with my bf, even took plan b when he finished in, did what I thought was right.

He's at work and doesn't know yet. I'm terrified to say the least. I'm 30 and my bf is younger than me, so I feel like i'm gonna hold him back. We love each other dearly and had planned on marrying in the next year or two and I told him I wanted kids by 33 which he was very okay with.

But I don't feel ready. Does any of us? I don't know. I always hoped when I found out I'd be excited, not sitting in my empty bathtub crying. It's all overwhelming, I don't know what to think and I'm so so scared that when I tell my bf he's going to be crushed and hurt. More than that, my parents are super traditional and my father is going to be CRUSHED.

Anyways, thank you for listening and giving me a place to vent. Nice to know I'm not alone in the "oh crap, what the heck is this??" when looking at the test!
September 28th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
The baby I'm pregnant with now was very planned, but my first was not. It may take everyone a bit of time to adjust to something so unexpected, but in the end, watching you grow and the anticipation of a new son/daughter/grandchild etc, will trump how they will feel in the beginning.

It can be hard at first, but I believe things happen for a reason, and I can't imagine life without my son!
September 28th, 2013, 09:10 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll be great mama! I found out I was pregnant after a one time thing last year. December 4th I tested and was right where you are. I cried the first day and then freaked out til I bought all I needed for him.. But now he's here and even though I'm a single mom, my life has gotten so much more fulfilling and meaningful.. I was in labor my 25th birthday.. So I may not have been ready but life happens. A due date club here will be a great tool for you. And it sounds like your bf will be on board and thrilled, too.. Maybe just initial shock.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; September 28th, 2013 at 09:12 PM.
September 29th, 2013, 01:51 PM
He deeefinitely had the initial shock. Just kinda laid there and kept saying "i love you regardless but I'm not ready to have a baby yet." Peed on two sticks in one hour, so one was there and the second was faint. Making an appt in the morning to have everything checked out by a dr. I know they say plan b doesn't harm an existing pregnancy but I want to be sure.

Thank you so much for the comments ladies, it's nice to know I'm not alone!
September 30th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't be worried. Many of us feel we aren't ready when it happens. I would definatly reccommend joining a DDC. the ladies are Great and helpful. i haven't foudn one bad person on here yet..

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

September 30th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Just lurking. The baby I had just 5 days ago was very unplanned. I had a horrific pregnancy last time, and if I was able to choose between another child and never being pregnant again, we'd only have 2 kids! But she's here, and she's adorable and lovable. Kind of chaotic with her being the third. My last is only 19 months old, and she is still so needy. My first is 5 but might as well be considered a toddler since she has Autism. Life happens. It'll be OK.
October 1st, 2013, 12:32 PM
Thank you for the responses. It's sinking in more and because my hormonal mood swings are so unsteady, I go from super scared to crying to happy then back again. In the end, I know life doesn't follow our plans and that's okay and this will be okay, even if it means I'm doing it alone.

October 2nd, 2013, 10:05 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my baby was quite unplanned. my parents had such high hopes for me and when i told them i was pregnant i know they gave up on all of them. i graduated high school at 16, would have been done with a 2yr degree by the time most kids are starting, and i got pregnant at 17 instead.

my mom has since come around but my dad is still distant about the baby. the sting wears off for you though, after awhile. you'll soon be too involved with your body and baby to be too concerned with what others think about your situation.
October 2nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Veteran
my first was unplanned the current pregnancy was planned it isnt easy but you will be able to get through it

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search