Your story

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By missa.gifford

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2013, 10:57 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What's your unplanned pregnancy story?

November 21st, 2013, 12:36 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mine actually begins, technically, last december. Nate and i had broken up so i had gone off the pill in november. we had completely unprotected sex in the beginning of december after i'd been off the pill for about 2 weeks. when my monthly didn't come right away i got super paranoid. we go 2 years with me skipping pills (so i didn't get a monthly) and NOW this happens? i didn't tell anyone what i feared. i was experiencing nausea, fatigue, and food aversion, but now i think it was because i was so upset about the breakup. we reconciled in january. i told him my fears around the time of my second missed monthly. we decided to wait one more month before worrying (putting me at 3 months along). in february, i got my monthly. i hadn't gone back on the pill because we were afraid if i was pregnant, the hormones would negatively affect the baby. so when we dtd to celebrate our non-pregnant status, all we were using was a condom, which broke. they'd broken every time we'd used them and never had an issue so we didn't worry until i miss my monthly again in march. we assumed i was still regulating from being off the pill. then april came and went without one. we were going to wait until i missed my may monthly, but a fair had come to our town the weekend of may 10/11/12. Nate was concerned that if i was pregnant riding the rides would hurt our baby, so i took a pregnancy test on the 9th to prove i wasn't. turns out i was. luckily, it rained that weekend, so no one in my family questioned why i stayed home from the fair.

during the past three months though i had awful nausea, headaches, i was clammy and pale all the time- i was a wreck. finally, my mom sat me down and said, "either you're pregnant, or dying. i made an appointment for you to see your doctor this friday." that was the monday after the fair. i had already known i was pregnant for 5 days now. i went to the doctor and in the parking lot i calmly told her, "i know how this is going to go. we're going to walk in and i am going to describe my symptoms. the doctor will ask me if i'm pregnant. i will say yes, you will remain calm, and we will go to mcdonald's after." she started crying. we went in anyway, hoping the doctor could at least prescribe me prenatals. since i was 17 and seeing a pediatrician still, he couldn't, but he called my ob for me and set up an appointment for monday. we didn't get mocdonald's.

the next monday, Nate, my mom and i went to my ob for a checkup. i had never had an internal, and i had to have 3 months' worth of test and blood draws done. after all that, the doctor said, "ok, i'll have the tech meet you all in room whatever". so we all went to the room and it was the ultrasound room. we were shocked. they told us since i'd gone 3 months without any care, they just wanted to make sure the baby was growing they way s/he should. our baby was so clear on the ultrasound. we could see little body parts starting to form. i was in awe. i had already told my family over the weekend, but i posted pictures from our sonogram to facebook, and that's how most everyone else found out.
November 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first unplanned pregnancy i was 14 and thought i was in love with this boy. I kept it from practically everybody. When my mom found out i got kicked out of my house and the only person i could think of to turn to was my pitching (softball) coach. After long talks with her (her and her husband and been trying for 5 years to have a baby), i decided the best thing for the baby was to have Jen and her husband, Wendell be the baby's parents. So on Feb 19, 2006 I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Macie and handed her over to her parents the next day. She is now 7, almost 8 and growing up wonderfully! couldnt have picked a better family for her. i still get occasional pics, Jen is a photographer so that worked out really well lol and i get phone calls and texts every so often as well. so i am def kep well informed.

My second unplanned pregnancy, just me feeling lonely in a new place. one night i had a few drinks with a friend and then one thing led to another and i ended up pregnant again. I found out i was having a boy and less than 2 weeks later i gave birth to a stillborn baby boy named Rylan. I miss him every single day.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

November 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
I was 18 when I got pregnant. I had only met the baby's dad a month and a half before, but we were already pretty serious and had basically decided that we wanted to get married at some point (which I know seems crazy to most people, but it felt right to us). We were both working full time jobs; I had just taken a semester off from college in order to save and make it easier on myself the next year. We both come from very religious families, but both were supportive. We don't believe in abortion, so even though we were young and completely unprepared, that was never an option for us. His family really pressured us into getting married and keeping the baby, and that's what we ended up doing shortly thereafter. I really regret not spending more time thinking and talking about what was best for us before we made a decision based off his parents' beliefs. I wish we had waited to get married for the original date we set, but I think we would have kept the baby anyway. I'm currently 36 and 1/2 weeks pregnant, and we couldn't be more excited about our little girl, as hard as it has been and will continue to be.
Rainbow Momma likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search